Votes: 8 4.8%
  • Koeman, Martinez, Moyes

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Fromage sur malaise

Votes: 26 15.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
That surely cant be answered just yet as its way to early, we can all comment as we are doing over the tripe we have seen in the last couple of months, but to judge him as manager of Everton can only start this time next year IMO.
I'm not just judging him on his Everton time in charge. His managerial career is long and what he's done doesn't thrill me, tbh. It sort of flatters to decieve. The only part of it I trust is his PL record. That's respectable, but I think it'll be as good as it gets for him in this league given the abundance of quality opposition above us.

Reactions: JLW
Anyone else fed up of hearing about that drip Martinez? Worst manager since Walker that bloke.

Moyes of old edges Koeman but given time Koeman has more chance of bringing us success especially looking at his results at Southampton against the big clubs.

To be fair, if you've got apples and pears you compare them. That's what you do. If you're only comparing apples to apples, you're doing it wrong. Anyone can compare like things and find large differences, that's why this is given to kids as practice when they're young at school, to train them to think in complex terms and talk about real issues.

...not my understanding of that idiom. I must confess!

You dont compare two things that dont have the same properties because it cant tell you anything meaningful is I think how it works!

As far as Martinez/your love affair is concerned, he certainly knows tactics. If only he knew how to manage a team and train players, he'd be a decent club manager. In the US system, he'd be a decent (American) football head coach if he had decent coordinators to handle the offensive and defensive aspects of the game and leave him be to contemplate his Napoleonic conquest of Europe. I think he's found his level now as a National team manager, one without day-to-day duties, and hope he does well in this vein of coaching.
Ha Ha. Yeah, that is fair comment, tbf. I've said as much myself: he's an attacking coach...which is the reason I always wanted Martinez here even before he arrived - we were/are desperate for a trophy and my reasoning was that he acts boldly and therefore can grab us a cup. Ironically we dont get into a final when he's here but he does rack up our most consistently good PL season! WTF do I know? *dont answer that*

Anyone else fed up of hearing about that drip Martinez? Worst manager since Walker that bloke.

Moyes of old edges Koeman but given time Koeman has more chance of bringing us success especially looking at his results at Southampton against the big clubs.
Not personally.

Precisely. Koeman has shown nothing so far to suggest he will be.
Not here he hasn't. But at Southampton he did whereas Martinez relegated wingan and took us from 5 to 13th in less than 24 months.

The big issue of the thread IMHO is those saying Martinez was better for Everton than Moyes

Not here he hasn't. But at Southampton he did whereas Martinez relegated wingan and took us from 5 to 13th in less than 24 months.

The big issue of the thread IMHO is those saying Martinez was better for Everton than Moyes
Martinez also won a cup with Wigan, albeit the same season they were relegated but he's still won more in English football than Moyes and Koeman have (Charity Shield doesn't count) collectively.

I genuinely don't get how anyone can say Koeman is better than Martinez.

Koeman, Moyes, Martinez

This is how I voted mein frandel, yes the font, im just gonna roll with it.

The reasons are clear.

Moyes is vastly superior to Martinez, Moyes got us 4th, Moyes got us a cup final, Moyes took the club from 17th to 4th, all on a net spend over 11 years of less than Niasse cost, Martinez took the club from 5th to 11th whilst spending 100m on 22 players, his best placing was 5th and he only got us to a semi-final.

Then in order to judge Koeman and Moyes, given the lack of time Koeman has been here, we look at the trophy count, Koeman has 9 trophies in Holland, Spain and Portugal, Moyes has 1 Charity Shield and a League One Title.

So to review :

Koeman > Moyes > Mike Walker > Kendalls 3rd spell > Unsworths 1 game > The tea lady > Martinez

...not my understanding of that idiom. I must confess!

You dont compare two things that dont have the same properties because it cant tell you anything meaningful is I think how it works!

You're right, that's the idiom, but you're using it incorrectly for rhetorical effect (just as I am). All three are/were Everton managers. If these aren't alike enough to compare, I'll retire. If you're suggesting that subtle differences in managerial style makes the three men impossible to compare and so we're unable to form our own competent opinions and therefore dependent upon your expertise to form our ideas, I've got a job at Sky for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.