Last Night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couldn't watch the game yesterday and actually glad I missed it given the result.

More impressed that GOT isn't having one of its patented mood swings from top of the world to we're all gonna die. Glad this match is being kept in perspective. Dreadful result but certainly not without its explanation. Bounce back coming.

Going to say it again, the new "prehab" is coinciding with more injuries rather than less. The mounting "walking wounded" list makes this seem less coincidental each day. Is it a function of a small squad and too many minutes for players? There has to be some sort of explanation rather than this is just a "one off".

Couldn't watch the game yesterday and actually glad I missed it given the result.

More impressed that GOT isn't having one of its patented mood swings from top of the world to we're all gonna die. Glad this match is being kept in perspective. Dreadful result but certainly not without its explanation. Bounce back coming.

Going to say it again, the new "prehab" is coinciding with more injuries rather than less. The mounting "walking wounded" list makes this seem less coincidental each day. Is it a function of a small squad and too many minutes for players? There has to be some sort of explanation rather than this is just a "one off".

you could argue that it's because alot of the starting 11 have been for the past 3 seasons. But then again you don't see chelsea having many injury problems and they've had the same team for ages now. So it must be our training.

Fellaini, Cahill, Distin, Hibbert, Jo, saha, yakubu, Howard, Rodwell and Billy are no reserve team players!

This is not an excuse for last night! We were dog, and moyes needs to sort it out...even though he seems like he's loosing the plot atm with the formations he's setting out this season.
You know wot i,m getting at we had 12 players injured 2nd half including bily.
Moysie is not losing the plot he has nothing to work with.

If anyone thinks this current fitness regime is new to the club since the summer and therefore not to blame, then they shouldn't. There's been a steady shift in emphasis away from stress related training to build up muscle and toward some 'holistic' approach to 'toning' the whole body. It now looks to be having a counterproductive effect.

It was hard to take but what we have all said for so long is that we acheive amazing things with a paper thin squad- imagine taking out 11 first teamers from that squad and the reality is last night.

Imagine the team that was unavailable last night:

Nash
Heitinger
Yobo
Jagielka
Baines
Osman
Neville
Arteta
Pienaar
Anichebe

Now imagine that side against them last night- bit more of a level playing field?

I still think that despite that too many professionals with big wallets were not performing too the best of their abilities. I honestly believe without Arteta and Pienaar, nobody else has a ******* clue on how to drive the team.

I mentioned before that a weakened team would take the chance of getting humiliated.

Sadly, I was right.:mad:

good game boys. (here I mean your fans, cuz I know most are pissed off at the team/manager/etc). We suffered 5 last year in Europe with a good team on...

Don't worry, we do know its going to be totally different at Goodison, as expected. And we aren't taking this win as "we are the best we can do anything to anyone" kinda thing. All circumstances played more into our favour and I know it's going to be a tight game in the next game.

Everton and Benfica to go through in my opinion.

Last night, she said:
"Oh, baby, I feel so down.
Oh it turns me off,
When I feel left out"

So I walked out:
"Oh, baby, don't care no more
I know this for sure,
I'm walkin' out that door"

YouTube - The Strokes - Last Nite

Proper tune.

... a dj saved my life. Unfortunately no-one saved my team from a second half ass-whuppin' :(

That is a top tune tho. WTF happened to the strokes any way? Love 19:51 or whatever its called too :)

Because GOT was down I was on BlueKipper most of the day.....

Thought about doing this....

Please, someone stop me from doing that again....please....I have seen the darkness.

Then realised this... :p

I thought we did okay in the first half. When I switched my stream back on for the second half, it was already 3-0. It was a gutless performance from then on. Yakubu was [Poor language removed] and Gosling was totally outclassed. Fellaini did nothing. Cahill looked old or bored, or both. Jo was okay in that he was playing more in midfield. Billy was decent apart from that [Poor language removed] cross that could have got us back in the game at 1-0. Pathetic stuff really.

I was working but managed to get Iraq Goals on the office pc, so saw the odd bits. First half we looked on, wasn't too disapointed to be 1-0 down. Then missed the very start of the 2nd half, all of a sudden 3-0. Worrying how easy they scored those two goals, we were badly exposed at RB, and disapointing positioning by CBs aswell. Next time I got a chance to look it was 4. Turned it off at that point :(

I still think that despite that too many professionals with big wallets were not performing too the best of their abilities. I honestly believe without Arteta and Pienaar, nobody else has a ******* clue on how to drive the team.

Yeah, we have a massive lack of inventiveness in midfield. I hate to say this, but I think maybe Moyes has run his course here. Not just because of this game, I don't blame him for that, but the lack of ideas generally in midfield is not something new.

It's good to see him bringing in the players he has done, I think he's done fantastically there, and you can see he's trying to turn us from a scrappy DoW team into a decent footballing side. I'm just not sure he has it in him to get us playing that way successfully, and now we seem to be stuck in limbo. A few seasons ago we would have beaten teams like Wolves etc just through pure guts and determination, but now I think we're lacking that edge (especially with Neville out).

Kipper is anything but funny, I havent been on for ages, I feel much better for it. Its a horrible, horrible place, true evil lives there.

Never been on there. Never will.

I mean it's got a reputation for being a home for a bunch of knobs who really don't look for any sort of rational debate. Instead, it's all mud slinging and moaning with some abuse thrown in for good measure.

Danny and Dylan have done an excellent job in making sure that sort of thing doesn't go on here.

Never been on there. Never will.

I mean it's got a reputation for being a home for a bunch of knobs who really don't look for any sort of rational debate. Instead, it's all mud slinging and moaning with some abuse thrown in for good measure.

Danny and Dylan have done an excellent job in making sure that sort of thing doesn't go on here.

Ah but sometimes, playing the passive hand instead of looking reality in the face is not always the right way at looking at things.

Sometimes a bit of criticism is warranted, remember the motto.

It still hurts, but supposed it was to be expected with the ridiculous amount of injuries we have.

Shame as at half time I thought we'd matched them, that early goal made them smell blood and they went for it. Some nice stuff they played too.

Only bright points were Bily, who done better with more time on the ball, and although he took a bashing from some I thought Coleman looks to have some purpose, would like to see more of him at some point. Howard made some important stops to keep the score down too.

It hard because we dont get to play in arenas like that too often and I would have loved for us to give a better account of ourselves. Lets hope the injuries clear up a bit before Goodison as Im convinced with Yobo, Pienaar and Baines back that we could get into them.

As mentioned I want that superb whopper of a winger kicked to high heaven for doing some show boating.

It still hurts, but supposed it was to be expected with the ridiculous amount of injuries we have.

Shame as at half time I thought we'd matched them, that early goal made them smell blood and they went for it. Some nice stuff they played too.

Only bright points were Bily, who done better with more time on the ball, and although he took a bashing from some I thought Coleman looks to have some purpose, would like to see more of him at some point. Howard made some important stops to keep the score down too.

It hard because we dont get to play in arenas like that too often and I would have loved for us to give a better account of ourselves. Lets hope the injuries clear up a bit before Goodison as Im convinced with Yobo, Pienaar and Baines back that we could get into them.

As mentioned I want that superb whopper of a winger kicked to high heaven for doing some show boating.

agreed, there was no need for that, a nice spell on the sidelines to keep him out of the world cup would also be a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.