Last Night...

Status
Not open for further replies.
2-3 weeks in football is a long time, how many games would that be? potentially how many points lost?

I think from the comments coming from Moyes is basically do not expect any better than 7/8 in the league if that.

Neville can shut all he likes won't make any difference unless we more of a squad to select from. By the way even though we had many injuries why did we play 4-4-2 last night and then 4-3-3 yet agin Wolves we were 4-5-1??

We know some players have had serious injuries like Yak and Mikel. Buit one has to ask how is it that so many other players are picking up injuries and apparently regularly. Is therer is something in the training schedule that makes them vulnerable.

It just seems so strange to have so many in the treatment room.

I agree with this, we cant be THAT unlucky can we?

Oh and in regards to Bolton- we will have Neill and Heitinger available, which hopefully means Hibbert will be out of centre back.

2-3 weeks in football is a long time, how many games would that be? potentially how many points lost?

I think from the comments coming from Moyes is basically do not expect any better than 7/8 in the league if that.

Neville can shut all he likes won't make any difference unless we more of a squad to select from. By the way even though we had many injuries why did we play 4-4-2 last night and then 4-3-3 yet agin Wolves we were 4-5-1??

I dont think anyone could explain what the formation in Moyes' mind was last night other than Moyes himself. I think he might have started with the idea that Coleman and Gosling were capable of getting forward and the best way to cope with Benfica down the flanks was to bring the game to them. Certainly Coleman was getting forward 1st half regularly. I think we were pulled about on a regular basis because of it...although we did impose ourselves a little more toward the end of the 1st half.

We have to take it on the chin and put it in the file named 'European experiences'. It wasn't a total disaster if Moyes can learn from it.

**** the performance...I just want the 3 points. Sort a performance out when we have a fit squad

Fair enough mate, but Bolton isnt the best of places to be going to try and just get a winner and get out. They are in a rut themselves, but with the way we have been defending as of late...i think we will need to put in a performance to get the winner.

We know some players have had serious injuries like Yak and Mikel. Buit one has to ask how is it that so many other players are picking up injuries and apparently regularly. Is therer is something in the training schedule that makes them vulnerable.

It just seems so strange to have so many in the treatment room.

I daren't mention this subject. If you question the wisdom of the new fitness method employed you get told it's all just coincidence and the crystals and whale music is not to blame. We just have to go with the flow of the surfer dudes and ride this tube out. :blink:

Fair enough mate, but Bolton isnt the best of places to be going to try and just get a winner and get out. They are in a rut themselves, but with the way we have been defending as of late...i think we will need to put in a performance to get the winner.

Bolton look better organised and balanced than we do. That Korean bloke they've got I've liked the look of. Matty Taylor can be a threat. Kevin Davies is a veteran and knows what to do. Gary Cahill is solid in their defence. They've got phsyical strength (more than us IMO) and a few players that can knock it about as well as be direct.

I think we'd better go back to basics - defence 1st, protect and battle as if we're playing Manure or Chelsea...Im sure if our attackers have their shooting boots on, a goal will come.

First half we were the better team they hit us early in the 2nd half and our heads dropped.
Benfica might beat our reserves but our 1st team will do them in november.

I agree with this, we cant be THAT unlucky can we?

Oh and in regards to Bolton- we will have Neill and Heitinger available, which hopefully means Hibbert will be out of centre back.

Hopefully Hibbert will be out of the squad for good. As soon as he comes up against any class he looks well out of his depth. He's clearly not a CB, so I'm not judging this on last night alone, but his positioning in tracking runs and winning tackles isn't good enough. Please let the others stay fit!

First half we were the better team they hit us early in the 2nd half and our heads dropped.
Benfica might beat our reserves but our 1st team will do them in november.

Fellaini, Cahill, Distin, Hibbert, Jo, saha, yakubu, Howard, Rodwell and Billy are no reserve team players!

This is not an excuse for last night! We were dog, and moyes needs to sort it out...even though he seems like he's loosing the plot atm with the formations he's setting out this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.