Last minute winners...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember us playing Blackburn away early on in 2011-12. Awful game and we got murdered for most of it. Howard save a pen early on in the second half and they hit the bar for a second pen with about ten mins to go. Then just into injury time we win a penalty ourselves and Arteta (were's the money Bill?!) Puts it away with what was his last kick for the club. Remember going mental.

Fellaini at Bolton felt good as we were really tosh at the time. Terrible game, terrible performance, but a welcome three points. That was around the point Fellaini started to turn his form around a bit after looking a massive waste of money early on.

West Brom away on new years day 2012, another crap game that looked destined for 0-0 till Anichebe scored a scruffy late winner. Never rated Anichebe but Tbf he scored some fairly important goals for us.

West Brom away on new years day 2012, another crap game that looked destined for 0-0 till Anichebe scored a scruffy late winner. Never rated Anichebe at anytime I've ever seen him play but Tbf he scored some fairly big goals for us
Anichebe was decent for us in his last 18 months here. We may as well have kept him and not bothered buying Kone.

Fellaini at Bolton felt good as we were really tosh at the time. Terrible game, terrible performance, but a welcome three points. That was around the point Fellaini started to turn his form around a bit after looking a massive waste of money early on.

Second year in a row we got a last minute winner at Bolton, Lescott's the year before was a boss moment.

I remember us playing Blackburn away early on in 2011-12. Awful game and we got murdered for most of it. Howard save a pen early on in the second half and they hit the bar for a second pen with about ten mins to go. Then just into injury time we win a penalty ourselves and Arteta (were's the money Bill?!) Puts it away with what was his last kick for the club. Remember going mental.

thinking about this game today.

there was another game against Blackburn in 2010 where cahill and yak came off the bench and we won at the death. Yak scored to put us 2 -1 up on about 80 mins and then Jason Roberts equalised about 2 mins later. Cahill finally got the winner in the 90th minute.

can't find a video of it unfortunately.

it weren't a winner but lukaku's equaliser against west ham in the cup this year at goodison, I went mental in the lower gladdy as I was on the 1st row by the bullens rd corner flag. Linesman was a shithouse that game and got dog's abuse off some fella sitting just behind me.

thinking about this game today.

there was another game against Blackburn in 2010 where cahill and yak came off the bench and we won at the death. Yak scored to put us 2 -1 up on about 80 mins and then Jason Roberts equalised about 2 mins later. Cahill finally got the winner in the 90th minute.

can't find a video of it unfortunately.

it weren't a winner but lukaku's equaliser against west ham in the cup this year at goodison, I went mental in the lower gladdy as I was on the 1st row by the bullens rd corner flag. Linesman was a shithouse that game and got dog's abuse off some fella sitting just behind me.

there you go mate,highlights of that game lol [click red writing next to the word peknama on vid to view if it does not auto start for you]
http://video.meta.ua/2401704.video

or just the cahill goal itself
http://video.meta.ua/2401490.video?pav=1

Last edited:
Andy Hincliffe's brilliant free kick away at QPR in 1994/95, to win us the game 3-2 and help us massively in our relegation fight. To say I went bonkers is something of an understatement.

Second year in a row we got a last minute winner at Bolton, Lescott's the year before was a boss moment.
Wasn't that the Yaks debut?lol,I seem to remember him notching at the other end,yeah was in the upper tier that day and it went mucking fental when Lescott scored

there you go mate,highlights of that game lol [click red writing next to the word peknama on vid to view if it does not auto start for you]
http://video.meta.ua/2401704.video

or just the cahill goal itself
http://video.meta.ua/2401490.video?pav=1

Yakubu's touch to lose Jones before he squares to Cahill is just purely sexual football.

Wasn't that the Yaks debut?lol,I seem to remember him notching at the other end,yeah was in the upper tier that day and it went mucking fental when Lescott scored

Yeah it was, that bell Anelka scored a cracker to equalise for them. Was Gravesen's second debut as well, came off the bench late on and took the corner Lescott scored from! I had to go to work straight after the game and was still bouncing around when I finished at 11!

Jags' last minute equaliser against the RS felt like a winner to me. I was in a pub in Edinburgh with my phone buzzing from my Kopite mates every three seconds taking the piss, and when it went in I erupted. I know it's a bit sad but that's one that'll stick in the memory for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.