Last minute winners...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Indeed, although the Sheedy one would be better placed in 'the least deserved last minute equalizer' thread. We mugged Luton that day, not that I'm complaining:).

......swings and roundabouts, others have done it to us but in those days you had the sense that it was inevitable. That's not so much being arrogant but it's what seems to happen when you are the best team in the land.

......swings and roundabouts, others have done it to us but in those days you had the sense that it was inevitable. That's not so much being arrogant but it's what seems to happen when you are the best team in the land.
More belief than arrogance and certainly swings and roundabouts. For every Sheedy there's a Bryan Hamilton.
Has a quiet weep in the corner of the room.

Jelavic vs Spurs is probably my favourite moment ever at Goodison. Everyone went mental when that went in then at full time they were blasting out the Christmas tunes. Awesome stuff.

West ham a few years back. We were playing absolute garbage, created nothing 1-0 down with 8 mins to go, 4 mins later 3-1 up... somehow! Absolute scenes!

The Yak at West Ham in the Cup quarter final. A proper scramble as well, they're always better!

Cahill in a 3-2 at Blackburn in that black and pink kit was a great moment too, dominated the game, Blackburn equalised twice with a pair of absolute screamers from nowhere, then the Yak turned Phil Jones inside out to square to Cahill for a tap in. Great day that!

Surprised no mention of Gosling against the [Poor language removed]!

OK - I am stretching it a bit because it wasn't last minute but it was last gasp. 9 minutes to go in the last game of the season needing to win to be saved from Relegation

Graeme Stuart v Wimbledon.

God I love Graeme Stuart. I was on crutches at the time with an ankle to groin plastercast due to medial ligament damage (yep, how treatments have changed over time). The crutches were thrown to the floor and I was dancing in the garden.

So Saturday got me thinking, favourite last minute winners...

For me it has to be AJ's winner in the snow storm at Goodison versus Arsenal.

I know Jag's equalizer versus that shower, but that wasn't a winner...

I miss Andy Gray's commentary. Much better than the current lot we've got today

Status
Not open for further replies.