Lack of pace in the squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always think it's more about moving the ball at pace as opposed to players running at pace.

Players with good movement important too.
Yea well Spurs prove that, I mention them also as I'm guessing they have a very similar style to what Koeman wants, with an energetic high press, you don't need pace if you are going to press high and keep the ball.

They do have Son though as well as rapid fullbacks, something we don't currently have.
Thought the same but apparently Walker is up for offers from City and Trippier is about Baines level of pace.

Agreed with Son although he was subbed on a lot. We have Sandro, Bolasie and Mirallas don't forget.

If we sign Siggurdson we will need to sign a quick number 9 or we are going to be predictable
Leicester were the most predictable team in the league two years ago but still won it! If we have a great Plan A with a couple of solid back up plans (Lennon, Kev, Bolasie, Lookman for pace off the bench) we're sound!

Leicester were the most predictable team in the league two years ago but still won it! If we have a great Plan A with a couple of solid back up plans (Lennon, Kev, Bolasie, Lookman for pace off the bench) we're sound!

They had plenty of pace though.

Perhaps Gana won't be a regular starter so we will line up something like below:

Pickford

Kenny Keane Williams Baines
Klassen Morgs Siggurdson
Sandro Giroud Kev

They had plenty of pace though.

Perhaps Gana won't be a regular starter so we will line up something like below:

Pickford

Kenny Keane Williams Baines
Klassen Morgs Siggurdson
Sandro Giroud Kev
They didn't though, they literally had 3 fast players, vardy, maheraz and kante, the rest of them were as slow as you're going to get, they just moved the ball fast and were constantly on the move

They didn't though, they literally had 3 fast players, vardy, maheraz and kante, the rest of them were as slow as you're going to get, they just moved the ball fast and were constantly on the move

Mahrez and Vardy in a front 3 is plenty of pace.

A lot of the signings I am just concerned about the balance. Contrast what we have to the RS. Mane, salah, firminho, coutinhio. Speed, agility, movement. If we end up with Siggurdson, Giroud, Rooney, Klassen, Sandro we are one paced. We have some quicker players in the squad like Kev, Lennon, lookman and Bolasie but they are not good enough to start

Lack of pace in the first eleven would be more accurate title for this thread. But I expect at least another pacy wide forward or striker to bought. We were after Niang, basically a better version of him is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.