2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
they have taken 4 centre halves there, and have 5 when you include rudiger when back from injury ( he'll be their first choice btw )

so in my opinion they will still let 1 go

you have rudiger and david luiz first choice

then Christensen

then a zouma and tomori,

so you would say zouma or tomori would go, given tomori is younger and worked previously with lampard would be a good bet on him staying

im assuming we've made enquiries and for marco to say they are hopeful means they haven't been told no

they might just be waiting to see how long rudiger is out for

It'll boil down to a combination of all of those factors, yeh.

I think it's likely it is a choice between Zouma and Tomori, but I think - as much as Lampard probably likes Tomori - he may be worried if he has to rely on him for a sustained amount of time. Chelsea can't bring anyone in. If they get two injuries then suddenly they're relying on Tomori.

The other player to be factored in is Ampadu, but I'm not sure if he's currently injured.

I actually think this. People forget Zouma’s awful form prior to that spring break. At one point he seemed to forget about the offside rule completely.

Yeh I was very critical of him and don't think he's the be all and end all.

But I just want to see some continuity because I think that's more important. Zouma has a lot of attributes that we need in defence and the fact he knows the club, knows Keane when it comes to playing alongside him is a real bonus than having to bring in another new CB to then have a year of settling like Mina had.

I also think Mina will kick on this season. He wasn't poor at all when he played, bar one or two mistakes (but in comparison, Zouma made a lot more), he just couldn't keep fit to get a run.

What an 18yr old kid, let us play him and make his mistakes before going back to Chelsea. I’ve got a better idea let’s play one of our own kids. Holgate, feeney or Gibson

I saw Ampadu play for Exeter, in their first team at age 15. He is a very very special talent wherever he goes on loan the likelihood he will be a starter rather than a squad filler.

Holgate and Feeney will be Ok ish players but neither are any where near PL starters both would benefit from a full season out on loan . Ampadu is already a far better player than these two.
Gibson for me is the far better prospect of the three but again Ampadu is miles ahead of him in terms of development. He like Holgate and Feeney needs a loan

Yeah. I;d stick my neck out and say that on the little evidence I;ve seen he looks a good player. Can step out form the back and has a lot of pace.

Rodgers is cluelessly demolishing a CD unit at that club.

Reports are that Soyuncu has impressed Rodgers in training and Maguire is completely out of his hands so not sure he’s “cluelessly demolishing” anything.

We need a centre half this summer but it doesn't have to be Zouma. I'm quite comfortable going with Mina as first choice. If we cannot get Zouma then move on and get a different option.

I saw Ampadu play for Exeter, in their first team at age 15. He is a very very special talent wherever he goes on loan the likelihood he will be a starter rather than a squad filler.

Holgate and Feeney will be Ok ish players but neither are any where near PL starters both would benefit from a full season out on loan . Ampadu is already a far better player than these two.
Gibson for me is the far better prospect of the three but again Ampadu is miles ahead of him in terms of development. He like Holgate and Feeney needs a loan
So you’ve seen him play at 15. I’m not convinced he’s miles better than Gibson. And if Chelsea had signed Gibson from Newcastle fir 6mil as a 16/17yr old and we had signed Ampadu, then I would imagine it would be Gibson getting all the praise off the media. As every Chelsea’s youngster is a superstar according to the media.

3 years ago, Abraham, Solanke and brown were going to be world beaters. Josh mceachran, Chalobah. The list is endless. Maybe with this transfer ban one or two will come through. But before I race to the bookies and Back Ampadu for the ballon D’or I’ll wait thanks.

Have you learned nothing about Turkish transfer rumours????
I doubt with the competition from 3 CDs he's going to get involved n a lot of games. A loan deal back to Turkey looks likely.

It's a deal like that which would impress me if we could get it done.

It'll boil down to a combination of all of those factors, yeh.

I think it's likely it is a choice between Zouma and Tomori, but I think - as much as Lampard probably likes Tomori - he may be worried if he has to rely on him for a sustained amount of time. Chelsea can't bring anyone in. If they get two injuries then suddenly they're relying on Tomori.

The other player to be factored in is Ampadu, but I'm not sure if he's currently injured.

think ampadu has been offered out on loan

so between tomori and zouma, I think tomori would be happy being a player to come in and play as and when needed, and would be a good experience for him having just spent the season a league below

I don't reckon zouma would be happy with that role though, so you are right if you're lampard who would you prefer to be a your 3rd/4th choice CB zouma or tomori? you chose Zouma, however Zouma will want to play everyweek like he did with us

Not convinced this will proceed meanwhile what are we doing if it does fail? Should we not be looking at other CB options? before it is too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.