2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luiz and Cahill are out of contract.

So only Rudiger Christensen and Ampadu
They've still got loads of others though. Tomori and Chalobah are really highly rated, and they've got the likes of Miazga and Hector who are a bit more experienced. I wouldn't say it's a given that they'll want Zouma back to be honest. I'm also far from convinced the transfer ban will be upheld.

May revert back next season though...

He may but all the signs are that he is going to be a midfielder. This lad is a special talent and it will be surprising if he doesn’t go on to great things.Maybe not in terms of pure defending but Ampadu reads the game far better and is a better technical player.

For me it will all become a lot clearer when the outcome of of Chelsea’s transfer ban is known. I would be very surprised if FIFA appeals committee overturn it but having read CAS ruling in the Real Madrid case and if it’s right that the thrust of the Chelsea charge is more about players playing in sanctioned matches on a trail basis then I am far from sure that FIFAs case will be fully proven but irrespective I would not be at all surprised if the ban is in the first instance suspended and ultimately reduced to one window or maybe even overturned

Why is that important?

Well Chelsea almost certainly will be letting Cahill leave. Kurt isn’t a natural fit to the style that Sari is trying to introduce he is a towering defender as is Rudiger I would imagine they will be looking for a younger version of Luiz albeit someone that’s not so gung ho.That said Luiz will in all likelihood get another year and Christensen and Ampadu will be in their squad but I just can’t see any way Kurt will leave if they can’t buy in the summer but I have no doubt that he will be deemed surplus if they are able to recruit.

It they come downs to what he would cost. The market is crazy he isn’t going to be sold £10, £20 or even £25 million he is going to cost at least £30 million and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it was even north of that.

May revert back next season though...
Not quite sure where he’s gone end up. Not sure he fits into the Sarri system. Very athletic and good passer but at the moment doesn’t have the goals for box to box. If he does have the discipline for defence he will be a hell of a player. They are very lucky to have him.

They've still got loads of others though. Tomori and Chalobah are really highly rated, and they've got the likes of Miazga and Hector who are a bit more experienced. I wouldn't say it's a given that they'll want Zouma back to be honest. I'm also far from convinced the transfer ban will be upheld.
I love Matt Miazga, but he wasn't seeing time in France and forced a move to Reading. He's nowhere near Zouma at this point. I would think Chelsea would want Zouma to stay.

What we get from this one is I can only see Chelsea selling if Zouma makes an almighty fuss and pushes for it.I am not wholly convinced he will prepared to do this.

What we get from this one is I can only see Chelsea selling if Zouma makes an almighty fuss and pushes for it.I am not wholly convinced he will prepared to do this.

Also the fee.

He needs a leader alongside him.

Currently we have Keane/Mina.

Results have been great BUT i think we need a top class player back there with strong leadership skills.

The best teams all have one...we dont.

Zouma and the others would benefit if we had that rock of a player alongside them as a fixture.

Who do we have, even emerging?

Status
Not open for further replies.