2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
We aren't selling Mina.

We need four CBs. He'll be one of them.
He won't want to sit on our bench, and we'll be happy to sell for similar to what we paid for him. I imagine we'd look to replace him with a smaller name, perhaps English young centre back. Somebody better than Holgate.

He won't want to sit on our bench, and we'll be happy to sell for similar to what we paid for him. I imagine we'd look to replace him with a smaller name, perhaps English young centre back. Somebody better than Holgate.
Load of rubbish. He wants to start he needs to first keep himself fit then go from there. It's not either zouma or mina.

I'd much rather we got Zouma over any other CB, but equally so I'd much rather we didn't if taking this to the wire means we get nobody.

It seems from Silva's comments that that's his view in context, so I hope they don't get led on a merry dance by Chelsea.

I don't think we're a million miles off Chelsea if we recruit well in this and other positions, so it suits them to keep Zouma and deny us another CB in the process by messing us about.

I did think Lampards comments were the end of the matter, but if Zouma wants the move it's time he made his preference abundantly clear this week.

Just saw a headline saying he’s handed in a transfer request! Any truth in these rumours. Would be amazing if this happened. Imagine what the pundits would say!

Lampard did say he would listen to what zouma wanted, even though Lampard wants him to stay, so lets hope this is true and not made up just because of zouma saying happy birthday to digne, so they put 2 and 2 together,if it was true about the transfer request that would be him doing something i didnt think he would have in him asking for

Just saw a headline saying he’s handed in a transfer request! Any truth in these rumours. Would be amazing if this happened. Imagine what the pundits would say!
Oh let me guess, ambition and lack of may be mentioned..

Heard he's verbally agreed a six-year contract with us on an initial £65,000 per week wage. His wage at Chelsea is £37,000. Lampard has been unable to guarantee him games and he wants to return to us where he's been promised a starting xi place.
This is all lies but hope he signs.

I very much doubt that if any such agreement had been reached it would be being discussed openly for that would be a clear case of tapping up and even if the discussions had taken place when on loan the same accusation would apply.

Now I am not daft enough to think that Everton wouldn’t have sounded him out but the details you talk about just don’t seem likely.

For instance it’s very very rare for a contract to be that long, £65 k wouldn’t be the going rate for a player on the very fringes of the French national team and lastly no manager worth their salt would guarantee selection and players aren’t daft they know managers come and go such guarantees are meaningless.

As I posted very early in this thread a Villa scout who I met in Tenerife ( or at least that was what he claimed to be) said Chelsea normally would grant a transfer to any player that even just asks as opposed having to go full in and put in a transfer request. However because of the ban they had told all players that they would only let them go if it suited the club or there was already an agreement to release them indeed they have let the likes of Hazard, Ona, Da Silva leave.

I see Chelsea are now stepping up their pre season and I read that Rudiger won’t be fit for a full pre season but isn’t that far away from returning to full training and may well be fit in mid to late August.

If and a big if Chelsea have made their minds up then they would go all out to end speculation. Lampard said what you would expect but that can easily pull back from the old we want him to stay comment.

Here’s the problem the longer this goes on then day by day the sum Everton are going to pay is rising. Simply put they don’t have to sell but Everton need a CD and it seems that the number one target is Mr Happy.

Silva appears to be forcing the issue with his latest comments implying we need a decision imminently or we are moving on to the next Centre Back targets.

Perhaps KZ really does want the Everton move & he knows this is the only way it’s going to happen. If so, well played Marco lad.

Status
Not open for further replies.