2018/19 Kurt Zouma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Come on its the daily star! They know nothing. Just take it with a massive pile of salt and carry on as it hasn't happened.

Not really just reality.

He knows he will get game time at Chelsea given rudiger is the only player on his level out of the ones they have luiz is old and a liability and Christensen is average. He won't give up cl football and a top 4 run, to come here where we have no European football.

The 2 year transfer ban gives him essentially 2 seasons to make that place his.

On the other side of the coin if he doesn't play often enough his international career will be over. We got his international career back on track because of regular footy. So him saying he wants to go back to Everton is just a bluff so Lampard will give him regular footy? He is still relatively young and will surely want regular footy knowing that when the transfer ban is over at Chelsea he will likely be surplus to requirements. He wants to come home and I think the only thing to prevent it is Chelsea asking for a ridiculous fee.

It will be good to have him back as I rate him over Keane and Mina. But it's the wrong timing for Chelsea with the transfer ban and high prices for defenders, look at the Maguire deal. How much will chelsea want? 50 million at this rate

Its might be easier to look abroad and see what Mina can do?

A throwaway couple of lines in the Mirror (and that’s where this has come from) really doesn’t convince me he’d want to leave Chelsea.

Heard he's verbally agreed a six-year contract with us on an initial £65,000 per week wage. His wage at Chelsea is £37,000. Lampard has been unable to guarantee him games and he wants to return to us where he's been promised a starting xi place.
This is all lies but hope he signs.

Everything that has been predicted/speculated in here would be correct if this is true. Chelsea want to keep him, but only as a back-up and that's not enough for Zouma, meaning he wants out.

It's also possible Chelsea have been planning on cashing in all summer, but want to absolutely fleece us, which is also fair enough, as it's no secret we're desperate to get him.

Almost certain this'll be a deadline day deal or close to it as I can't see Brands rushing to get it done, with two very competent centre halves, plus Holgate already at the club.

I can't see us keeping Mina if we get Zouma. He didn't leave Barcelona to sit on our bench. He'll want out, which wouldn't be too bad really seeing as he's always injured.

Zouma has a very simple choice really imo. Stay with Chelsea and know for certain especially after Lampard's half assed statement that he will just be a squad filler and have a very tough job all season of getting regular starts. Or on the other hand try and get back to Everton where he will definitely be a very regular starter, on just as much money and be loved by the club and supporters and team mates.

No brainer for me. I am expecting him to put a transfer request in over the next few days.

Even if he doesn't, i am sure Brands will have a plan b so we will be alright either way. Would prefer Zouma though as he is good enough and doesn't require any bedding in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.