Koemans downfall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Worth pointing out the difference in tactics between a couple of players who helped get rid of our last 2 managers...

Baines, who dispatched of Martinez by phoning it in, relinquishing responsibility (Ie, pens), and kicking a man when he was down by dropping thinly veiled snide hints to the press, without having the balls to say what he really felt.

And Niasse, who kept a quiet dignity and proved a stubborn man wrong by knuckling down and trying even harder than anyone else, actually scoring goals that extended his stay longer than it may otherwise have been, and still refusing to say anything bad about the man or the club.

1 of them may have had all the ability in the world, but only one of them has any class.

Having revisited this post I have to say it's the best post I've seen on GOT for a long, long time. The first sentence highlights my distaste for the Church Mouse, and to be honest I thought it was just me who realised what a sneaky little left back he really was/is.

Probably because he's served the club loyally and with distinction for a long time.
We all wanted Roberto out and if he helped grease the wheels then so be it.
A quality player in his prime and an Evertonian, sadly now past his best and getting plenty of pelters on here.
Was the Church Mouses ability at his peak any greater than Martinez's at his peak? Without Pienaar he was pants....the same pants he shat on England duty.

RK walked away with 9-10 million gross. His brother.. a nice brown envelope too.

Do you think think they give a toss about EFC? Everything about him, his body language, his statements, his going
on holiday at the wrong time, told you that he was here temporarily... one way or another.
And now we're widely touted to be taking on his English counterpart Fat Sam

Worth pointing out the difference in tactics between a couple of players who helped get rid of our last 2 managers...

Baines, who dispatched of Martinez by phoning it in, relinquishing responsibility (Ie, pens), and kicking a man when he was down by dropping thinly veiled snide hints to the press, without having the balls to say what he really felt.

And Niasse, who kept a quiet dignity and proved a stubborn man wrong by knuckling down and trying even harder than anyone else, actually scoring goals that extended his stay longer than it may otherwise have been, and still refusing to say anything bad about the man or the club.

1 of them may have had all the ability in the world, but only one of them has any class.
Vilified by certain quarters for doing what needed to be done. He's the hero we needed not the one we deserved. He'll forever be our dark knight.

Thought it was a good appointment at first, then arrogance came in, thinking he was bigger than the club and then didn't really give a toss

But, at present nothing really has changed has it?

Watch some of the player celebrations after the goals against Watford

Was it just the manager?

Basically Koeman turned out to be another Van Gaal. But worse because at least Van Gaal won the FA Cup. Koeman managed to turn us into a completely unbalanced side with his questionable signings and apparent lack of focus on what we really needed. Pace, width and a replacement for Lukaku.

Thought it was a good appointment at first, then arrogance came in, thinking he was bigger than the club and then didn't really give a toss

But, at present nothing really has changed has it?

Watch some of the player celebrations after the goals against Watford

Was it just the manager?

Mostly. I imagine several players hummed "Ding Dong the Witch is Dead" when they heard the news.

Vilified by certain quarters for doing what needed to be done. He's the hero we needed not the one we deserved. He'll forever be our dark knight.

Yeah, well, whether you liked Martinez personally or not, I'm of the opinion that its not up to the players to decide he's not the right person and to then become unprofessional and stop playing to ensure he has to go.

And a lot of the criticism Martinez got comes down to team performances, which is made up of a number of individuals not doing what they were capable of. People like Baines, who miraculously started taking and scoring penalties the very next game after Martinez left epitomise what was and still is wrong with the club.

Everton is who I support, the players and managers come and go. But at the very least they should be professional while they are here.

Chapter 12

In a bid to salvage some pride & prove that the Everton fans were wrong not to allow him more time, Koeman shocks the entire footballing world by accepting the job of struggling Sunderland, which caused shockwaves throughout the footballing world. Unfortunately, this proved to be disastrous as his previous assignment at Everton, if not worse. Spotted drinking tequila from the bottle in the Sunderland greyhound stadium with John O'Shea, Lee Cattermole and Darren Gibson, Koeman looked worse for wear as he stumbled over the venue, clearly caught on camera as saying "They've only given me a transfer budget of 20 grand, the tight northern fools" A 4-0 home defeat to Millwall was the final straw, with Koeman gesturing to the Millwall fans to meet him outside, angry that they were singing "Sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning" clearly, the pressure had got to him and he appeared to be heading towards a full-on meltdown. Needless to say, Koeman's extremely short 11 days in employment as the Sunderland manager was over - with both parties seemingly unable to move forward.

Yeah, well, whether you liked Martinez personally or not, I'm of the opinion that its not up to the players to decide he's not the right person and to then become unprofessional and stop playing to ensure he has to go.

And a lot of the criticism Martinez got comes down to team performances, which is made up of a number of individuals not doing what they were capable of. People like Baines, who miraculously started taking and scoring penalties the very next game after Martinez left epitomise what was and still is wrong with the club.

Everton is who I support, the players and managers come and go. But at the very least they should be professional while they are here.

Same here mate. When the players downed tools and literally stopped playing for Martinez, and while they were being dicks towards him, it was the club and the fans they were actually letting down, unforgivable that.

Status
Not open for further replies.