Kirkby Called In.

Are you happy with the call in decision?

• Yes

Votes: 62 43.7%
  • No

Votes: 80 56.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think its time to forget about Kirkby, it divided too many fans and the whole thing has become a pantomine/
Maybe its now time to think of alternatives whatever they may be. We can't wait round for another 18 months when half the fans don't even want to go there anyhow.
The sad thing is that what are the alternatives when there isn't any investment? Kings Dock woud have been great but the inept board couldn't get it together in time.
I love Goodison but it has become to look shabby and the facilities are [Poor language removed], I'd love to see it spruced up with some extra seats and some decent facilities but where is the cash going to come from?

Now these are reasons why the move to Kirkby is flawed. And I'm glad someone with intelligence has decided to come forward and say it. Getting sick of hearing the boundary excuse as an argument.
Nick the trouble is a lot of people think every one is against it because of the boundary move and thats just not correct accept that the majority of KEIOC are self serving and have brought shame on the No voters with their scare tactics.much a the misleading claims from the club did them no favours but really its down to each person to look at the complete deal or as much of it that is known and make their own decision and for people on both sides to respect the other sides choice.;)

Why not? Everton has to pay for a lot of things.

And a big chunk on a landfill clean up? Tesco's are paying the majority of the stadium, why would we just pay a chunck to clean the land?

So the price has increased 250%? What an inflation!
Just saying what I read. The rebuild plans were about 8 years ago I think.

But obviously Kirkby doesn't need foundations? :eek:
True but we aint paying for the whole of it.

It has been proved time and again that
a. Doing it in the right order would mean that only the first phase would see attendances lower than 40,000 and
b. Just like other clubs, the matches can be arranged so that the team starts with a bunch of away matches (other clubs have had this arrangement, so why not Everton?).
So why arent other clubs rebuilding their stadiums instead of paying 200-300million for new ones? When was the last stadium rebuilt? Old Trafford because it was built to be added onto, ours aint.

LCC has already said that the school will close and I would imagine they would be willing to sell at cut price if Everton decided to stay at GP.
Oh yeah, the education authority would wanna sell at a cut price cos they're made of money. And just one school for a ground expansion? dont buy it.

These are not needed in Kirkby? :blink:

Never said they werent, but who's paying to have em knocked down for Goodison? Us. More costs.

LCC has already given signals that the closed train station could be re-opened. Plus Liverpool has to put money into improved infrastructure in the area themselves. This would benefit EFC as well.

That's nice. They could've found us somewhere to move to aswell or given us Stanley Park.

They won't. When's the last time both clubs played in the same day? The police won't even allow that.
Fair do's.

Some facts about DK:
a. Transport infrastructure is completely inadequate. Kirkby has a population of 40,000 and an infrastructure to match. It is completely inadequate in a situation where 50,000 people all rush into town within a few hours. There will be no improvements to this.
How cant it be improved? Nothing is/was set in stone.

b. Parking is extremely limited. All the spaces near the stadium are for corporate customers, players, officials and such. The closest parking areas for supporters will be miles away. The train station in Kirkby only has one line and it's capacity is completely inadequate. How will it make a stadium attractive to new supporters if it takes two hours to get there and another two hours to get out of there?
So the car parking at Goodison is amazing? Dont people park away from the stadium and walk anyway?

c. The stadium would have had LESS corporate boxes than Southampton's St Mary's. And much, much less than our rivals. Spurs have, I think about three times more.
But would be sold for more than we have now.

d. Where will the new supporters come from? Wyness' laughable suggestion (Liverpool - Manchester corridor) is best forgotten. It's not like they don't have options, is it?
They'll get there either way.

f. How would a stadium in a small town be attractive to corporate sponsors and clients?
Like any stadium for a premier league club.

g. There will be NO concerts or similar in the stadium, KMBC has already demanded on this. Just as well, who would want to stage a concert there instead of venues in Liverpool or Manchester?
Dont disagree. But they could if they wanted too. Doncaster Rovers Keepmote stadium had Ronan Keating, Bryan Adams, Elton John etc. Small stadium of 10,000 people.

h. The club would be obliged to offer KMBC free use of the stadium facilities 100 times per year. If the club can't offer this (like on a match day), the club has to pay for the facilities KMBC uses instead.
Like the council will just bully in on Match day?

How would the stadium generate more money?
An investor or buyer not willing to buy the club now?

Nick the trouble is a lot of people think every one is against it because of the boundary move and thats just not correct accept that the majority of KEIOC are self serving and have brought shame on the No voters with their scare tactics.much a the misleading claims from the club did them no favours but really its down to each person to look at the complete deal or as much of it that is known and make their own decision and for people on both sides to respect the other sides choice.;)

Mate, whenever I hear an unintelligent response to the Kirkby Project - its always about the boundary. KEIOC, whatever? The most important thing isn't being outside of the city boundaries. Its about the club and how economic it is, and what the potential investment that would have inevitably arrived. Now any investment we may have got has gone.

So when those who celebrate us staying in the city and able to face RS fans without some apparent embarassment, think about the financial implications.

Lets get a few things clear

Tom Cannon has just said ' KEIOC have just cost Everton 15 Million pounds "
I share the same view.

KEIOC, whatever you may think of them, have done bugger all to EFC. This decision had nothing to do with the ground move.
The reason GONW were always likely to call in the development was that it broke a whole raft of local planning regulations in respect to the size of the retail element... absolutely bugger all to do with the Stadium and how popular the move was or wasn't
Tom Cannon, and anybody else for that matter, should know better.

Where are the [Poor language removed] getting 300mill from? Loans. Its can be done.

The [Poor language removed] with all of their revenue streams and billionaire owners are struggling to finance their shed.

With finance being such an issue, it makes sense to spread the cost and limit your exposure to risk and debt, one prime way to do this is piecemeal redevelopment of the existing ground.

This is not good news - yes Kirkby was far from perfect but the fact that this decision could lead to the club not only stagnating, but going backwards is the important. Moyes could go, we won't get investment, we'll lose more money in Goodison, we won't buy any big names and we'll struggle to have a 'plan B' in under 18months.

In the meantime, Spurs, Vila, City and the rest will continue to build.

If you want to celebrate that, then good luck to you.

There's always been a Plan B, even when we were moving to Cronton under Agent Johnson, Plan B should have always been Plan A (well, except for in the case of Kings Dock, that would have been a toss of the coin)

funny you should mention those 2 Clubs... they've both gone through the process of peicemeal redevelopment of their grounds, and are doing very well out of it, thank you very much.

Bollocks, call yourself a fan.

The most important aspect of any deal is that the club makes more money than they are making now. The fact that it is 14 minutes away from Goodison should not be the reason.

Does anyone know how far outside this boundary Kirkby is? I'd love to know.

itsnot how far it is,its how [Poor language removed] it would of been.

And a big chunk on a landfill clean up? Tesco's are paying the majority of the stadium, why would we just pay a chunck to clean the land?

no they're not

Yes we are... if we're lucky, we can take out a £52M LOAN leveraged against the wider retail element of the development... that is the only financial benefit of the deal... Tescos are giving us... and I'll say it in caps to help it sink in... [Poor language removed] ALL
So why arent other clubs rebuilding their stadiums instead of paying 200-300million for new ones? When was the last stadium rebuilt? Old Trafford because it was built to be added onto, ours aint.

The Barcodes, Spurs and Aston Villa have all recently gone through a piecemeal redevelopment of their grounds... and St James' is a far trickier site than GP

because it's not economical to upgrade a service that is oly going to be used 25 times a year

Dont disagree. But they could if they wanted too. Doncaster Rovers Keepmote stadium had Ronan Keating, Bryan Adams, Elton John etc. Small stadium of 10,000 people.

WE WILL NOT BE PERMITTED TO HOLD CONCERTS IN KIRKBY... I'm sorry but how many times?

Look, I know a lot of people are wound up about this in one way or another, but can we please make some kind of effort to get our facts straight before spouting off?

No wonder debates get heated, people are frustrated with having to say the same thing over and over again.

KEIOC, whatever you may think of them, have done bugger all to EFC. This decision had nothing to do with the ground move.
The reason GONW were always likely to call in the development was that it broke a whole raft of local planning regulations in respect to the size of the retail element... absolutely bugger all to do with the Stadium and how popular the move was or wasn't
Tom Cannon, and anybody else for that matter, should know better.

The [Poor language removed] with all of their revenue streams and billionaire owners are struggling to finance their shed.

With finance being such an issue, it makes sense to spread the cost and limit your exposure to risk and debt, one prime way to do this is piecemeal redevelopment of the existing ground.

There's always been a Plan B, even when we were moving to Cronton under Agent Johnson, Plan B should have always been Plan A (well, except for in the case of Kings Dock, that would have been a toss of the coin)

funny you should mention those 2 Clubs... they've both gone through the process of peicemeal redevelopment of their grounds, and are doing very well out of it, thank you very much.

Those Two Clubs Also Have Owners That Are Wealthy In Comparison To Bill

I Just Want To Say A Big Thanks To KEIOC Anywayy
And Hope They Continue To Remain In The Stands At Goodison While We Will End Up Watching Mediocre Football, Mid-Table [Poor language removed]
Because They Cant Be Arsed To Travel Another 4 Miles To A Place Where All Thats Different Is Wheelie-Bin Colours.

And To Kirkby Residents For Protests Against The Stadium And Co.
Becuase They Obviously Dont Want Their Shithole Of A Town Developed Into Something They Can Be Proud Of.

Sorry Just Angry Right Now

To be honest I don't know how I feel about this I voted yes but the lies that came out in order to secure the vote leave a bitter taste. By the same account I don't think its coincidence that the mbia and moutinho transfers have effectively fallen through today. I think were in a state of limbo now and I don't think thats a good place to be. Although we should now get some answers about the transfer budget and whether Moyes will stay.

Tesco will not put a penny towards the stadium.

Just saying what I read. The rebuild plans were about 8 years ago I think.
People like Tom Hughes have done this more recently and the sums they talk are far less.

Oh yes we are.

Not rebuilding? You mean like Newcastle, Manchester United and Tottenham?

SJP isn't half bad and the guy who designed it is an Evertonian. He offered his help to the Everton board, but they want nothing to do with him.

Oh yeah, the education authority would wanna sell at a cut price cos they're made of money. And just one school for a ground expansion? dont buy it.
"Education authority"? WTF?

Never said they werent, but who's paying to have em knocked down for Goodison? Us. More costs.
Just like at Kirkby. Where's the difference?

That's nice. They could've found us somewhere to move to aswell or given us Stanley Park.
We never asked for Stanley Park.

It would cost a shitload of money and only Everton would really need it, so guess who would have to pay for it? Just as a guesstimate it would cost tens of millions.

So the car parking at Goodison is amazing? Dont people park away from the stadium and walk anyway?
Public transport is superior in Walton. Much more buses, the tracks have much higher capacity and there are more car parks within walking distance. In fact, IIRC, most parking areas in Kirkby would have as far away from the stadium as GP is from Lime Street! Also there are far more roads leading from the area, so the public disperses much faster. The big parking areas designed for this stadium would probably take an hour or more to empty. And that's not counting the time it takes to walk there.

But would be sold for more than we have now.
So? How will it make us competitive to have so few boxes?

They'll get there either way.
Sorry?

Like any stadium for a premier league club.
So you think it doesn't matter where the stadium is? So why do we hear that clubs in London get so much more corporate money than others?

No they couldn't. KMBC has already demanded there won't be. Plus they have also stated that the stadium will never exceed 50,000 seats.

Like the council will just bully in on Match day?
Sorry?

An investor or buyer not willing to buy the club now?
Why wouldn't they? It's just a question of Kenwright and Earl getting less money for their shares.

i dont think KEIOC have the pulling power to push this to be called in so come on think about it.They asked for clarity on issues that have never been answered by BW.Either way you jump for or against its not good news, no new investment or investment being pulled.
Makes you think why Wyness jumped ship tho`.:dodgy:

Now, after reading all the doom and gloom merchants for weeks, i am starting to find myself agreeing with them. Goodison was the first purpose built football stadium in the world but i can't see a way to bring it into this century.
We can't afford to build our own world class stadium without outside investment, we couldn't even show we had the means for Kings dock so i think we have now run out of possibilities and are destined to stay in an outdated stadium for the forseeable future, which is already starting to fail simple health and safety inspections and one day will be unable to hold 1st class games

It looks like the only viable option available is to share Prenton Park now:oops:
That is a load of bo**ocks spouted by Wyness. The man lied, lied and lied about this effectively free project from the off. Don't forget your hardhat when you take your seat next season, that falling masonry is a bas*ard eh?!;)

To be honest I don't know how I feel about this I voted yes but the lies that came out in order to secure the vote leave a bitter taste. By the same account I don't think its coincidence that the mbia and moutinho transfers have effectively fallen through today. I think were in a state of limbo now and I don't think thats a good place to be. Although we should now get some answers about the transfer budget and whether Moyes will stay.

Well, we shall see if we have sufficient tranfer funds now. We where led to believe that the proposed stadium move was a seperate issue and it would not affect our pursuit of new players. This should be very interesting!

Tesco will not put a penny towards the stadium.

People like Tom Hughes have done this more recently and the sums they talk are far less.

Oh yes we are.

Not rebuilding? You mean like Newcastle, Manchester United and Tottenham?

SJP isn't half bad and the guy who designed it is an Evertonian. He offered his help to the Everton board, but they want nothing to do with him.

"Education authority"? WTF?

Just like at Kirkby. Where's the difference?

We never asked for Stanley Park.

It would cost a shitload of money and only Everton would really need it, so guess who would have to pay for it? Just as a guesstimate it would cost tens of millions.

Public transport is superior in Walton. Much more buses, the tracks have much higher capacity and there are more car parks within walking distance. In fact, IIRC, most parking areas in Kirkby would have as far away from the stadium as GP is from Lime Street! Also there are far more roads leading from the area, so the public disperses much faster. The big parking areas designed for this stadium would probably take an hour or more to empty. And that's not counting the time it takes to walk there.

So? How will it make us competitive to have so few boxes?

Sorry?

So you think it doesn't matter where the stadium is? So why do we hear that clubs in London get so much more corporate money than others?

No they couldn't. KMBC has already demanded there won't be. Plus they have also stated that the stadium will never exceed 50,000 seats.

Sorry?

Why wouldn't they? It's just a question of Kenwright and Earl getting less money for their shares.

I conceed defeat squire. You've far more knowledge of it than me.

Wont change my mind either way and vice versa.

But the club is still chasing it up, we've spent millions developing it, we're gonna spend more in and after 18months. Putting us years behind again, and it all falls through its back to square one.

Status
Not open for further replies.