2018/19 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think that there's potentinally a Premier League player in him. Most probably not at the top level, but I think in time he may thrive at a lower echelon club.

He has marvellous ability, there’s no question over that, he has a left foot that some top players would love. But has a major mental problem that will prevent him from truly realising his own ability

I still think that there's potentinally a Premier League player in him. Most probably not at the top level, but I think in time he may thrive at a lower echelon club.
Well, he'd be suited to us then.

Another youngster I believe needs time to settle. To think he'll find his feet within a season for me is unrealistic. Young players need time. It's a different era nowadays. They're being exposed to players from all over the world which wasn't happening as much during the 70's and 80's, hence the time to develop I believe takes longer.

Found his level

Congratulations for the boy, he’ll make an outstanding championship player

Pity we can't loan out half the first 11 earning £80k+ a week and make them realise that the championship is their level.

Got more time for this lad than frauds like Walcott who don't deserve such loyalty from Silva.

Well, he'd be suited to us then.

Another youngster I believe needs time to settle. To think he'll find his feet within a season for me is unrealistic. Young players need time. It's a different era nowadays. They're being exposed to players from all over the world which wasn't happening as much during the 70's and 80's, hence the time to develop I believe takes longer.
Whether he makes it here or not, the expectations of many fans is worrying as they expect a teenager, or a player in their early twenties, to walk into the XI.

Yes that can occasionally happen but players develop at different rates, so some need more time; typically, a player isn't at their best until they're 24 to 27.

Give it a few years and I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Kieran playing in the Premier League on a regular basis at a lower-half club, or at top Championship club.

Blade here,

As mentioned by bourney he played lwb last night due to a number of injuries and was very comfortable, perhaps robbed not to be up for man of the match. Of course it helps that our formation is so aggressive that he will spent the majority of the time in attacking areas.

In general he’s made a very positive impact in his first few games here, a million miles better than woodburn who we had on loan from your neighbors and probably even a little bit better than David Brooks who’s now doing very well for himself at Bournemouth.

What I would like to know is should he carry on this form, and should we get promoted, would he likely be available in the summer? And if so what valuation would you personally put on him?

Cheers

Blade here,

As mentioned by bourney he played lwb last night due to a number of injuries and was very comfortable, perhaps robbed not to be up for man of the match. Of course it helps that our formation is so aggressive that he will spent the majority of the time in attacking areas.

In general he’s made a very positive impact in his first few games here, a million miles better than woodburn who we had on loan from your neighbors and probably even a little bit better than David Brooks who’s now doing very well for himself at Bournemouth.

What I would like to know is should he carry on this form, and should we get promoted, would he likely be available in the summer? And if so what valuation would you personally put on him?

Cheers

If the player himself is keen on the move then I'd say he will be mate yeah. He's not in Silva's plans at all and is at the age now where he needs to be playing regularly for someone somewhere. You've also got to thrown in that he has a rival for his position in Vlasic (on loan at CSKA Moscow) who many rate as a better player anyway, if we only have room for one of them next season I'd definitely want him over Dowell personally.

I don't see anyway through for him here and he has likely realised himself by now. Hope he brings you up and gets himself a permanent deal.

Blade here,

Cheers

The championship is his level, skilful player with a wonderful left foot. But he has no desire and probably spends a large portion of his time crying

Blade here,

Cheers

I'd say he'd be available at the right price. Around 10m I'd think though.

Status
Not open for further replies.