2018/19 Kieran Dowell

Status
Not open for further replies.

What I've always liked about Dowell is his ability to play forward passes.

There are so many midfielders who just recycle possession. He actually goes for passes.

The stats people I like said his passing profile (where he picks up the ball, where he plays the passes) is the closest match to Kevin De Bruyne. Nowhere near as good obviously but KDB at 21 wasn't KDB at 26.

In a 4-3-3 you need midfielders who can pick out the runs from the front 3.
He’s the only midfielder weve got who can do that, we just need a little patience with him so that he can fully develop into the player a lot of us think he can be. Twenty starts this season in all games would be great. Then he can really establish himself the following season.

He’s the only midfielder weve got who can do that, we just need a little patience with him so that he can fully develop into the player a lot of us think he can be. Twenty starts this season in all games would be great. Then he can really establish himself the following season.
Hope his left peg is as good as sheeds:pint2:

Thank goodness we have a manager who looks like he''ll cherish talent like this.

Those two Visigoths before him would have punted him to Burscough Town if they'd still been here.
Exactly, I’m not Silva’s biggest fan but it’s a major step forward that we’ve got a manager who likes to play positive attacking football. He’s the type of manager we should have appointed after Martinez. Hopefully the likes of Dowell and Lookman will really benefit from having Silva here.

Exactly, I’m not Silva’s biggest fan but it’s a major step forward that we’ve got a manager who likes to play positive attacking football. He’s the type of manager we should have appointed after Martinez. Hopefully the likes of Dowell and Lookman will really benefit from having Silva here.
That has to be the hope mate. That's also what's been implied we'll get too: astute signings plus academy players getting their chance if they show they're able to play in the first team. Sounds fair enough to me, and a huge step forward in attitude from the Koeman/Allardyce era.

Status
Not open for further replies.