Kick offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Look at basketball, from their "kickoff" they do a few passes and BANG points on the board. The fact that we still haven't adopted this method is disgraceful, DISGRACEFUL from Everton. Especially considering we used to have a basketball team!! SORT IT OUT EVERTON!!

Look at basketball, from their "kickoff" they do a few passes and BANG points on the board. The fact that we still haven't adopted this method is disgraceful, DISGRACEFUL from Everton. Especially considering we used to have a basketball team!! SORT IT OUT EVERTON!!
Wouldn't mind the 'element of surprise' approach once in a while. Kick off, rush forward and try and catch them off guard, hopefully get a goal inside the first minute. Be nice to effectively start the game already a goal up.

Jeez. The international break isn't upon us yet. I dread to think what the next 2 weeks hold in store for us with regards to threads.

Back on topic, I totally agree with everyone.

Why are we so bad at them?

I'm the final years of Moyes, throughout Martinez's tenure and seemingly continuing now under Koeman we are terrible at kick offs.

We seem to have an unwritten rule that only a striker can take a kick off regardless. It's infuriating late in a game we are trailing and the chance of a quick kickoff is passed up for the striker to take. We then seem to have zero movement and invariably give up possession immediately with a bad touch or we're crowded out. We don't have any long kickoff option either (not that I'm a massive fan) but we don't seem able to capitalise on kick offs.

Other clubs just don't seem to have a problem with what is one of the basics of the game. Why are we so bad at them and why have two managers (hopefully not three) failed to get to grips with this?
haha this made me laugh.

Wouldn't mind the 'element of surprise' approach once in a while. Kick off, rush forward and try and catch them off guard, hopefully get a goal inside the first minute. Be nice to effectively start the game already a goal up.
If by some mad chance that did happen, you just know the opposition would do exactly the same and equalise from their kick off.

Fuming here.

I prefer the 80's kick off, get the wide man running down the line and try and pick him out. Immediately put them on the back foot and gets the crowd up from the start. Occasionally it stayed in play as well. Mirallas out Sheedy in!

Status
Not open for further replies.