Kick offs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moomin

Player Valuation: £90m
Why are we so bad at them?

I'm the final years of Moyes, throughout Martinez's tenure and seemingly continuing now under Koeman we are terrible at kick offs.

We seem to have an unwritten rule that only a striker can take a kick off regardless. It's infuriating late in a game we are trailing and the chance of a quick kickoff is passed up for the striker to take. We then seem to have zero movement and invariably give up possession immediately with a bad touch or we're crowded out. We don't have any long kickoff option either (not that I'm a massive fan) but we don't seem able to capitalise on kick offs.

Other clubs just don't seem to have a problem with what is one of the basics of the game. Why are we so bad at them and why have two managers (hopefully not three) failed to get to grips with this?

This is good point, very rarely do we score a goal straight from kickoff. I for one am furious about it.

I think we also need a thread on why are we so bad at conceding goals, this after all is the crux of why we don't come away with a result each game.

I've missed Barkleys KO where the player passes him the ball, he sprints 5 yards with it, turns and passes it to the lad he could have passed it to straight from the off.

This doesn't happen now there's only one of them in there for it.

That was almost as good as the short goal kick that went straight back to Howard for him to slice out for a throw in.

Status
Not open for further replies.