Kick Off 19:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's better at 7:30, be getting out the ground about 9:15 which gives time for either another pint or get home before 10 so I can have my tea

Swings and roundabouts innit.

It suits me because I am home earlier....and it no doubt suits fans who need to catch buses and trains to get home.

On the other hand, that fifteen or thirty minutes later kick off can make a heck of a difference for people doing a day’s work then heading to Goodison, giving them a bit more time to have dinner or a pint beforehand.

Expecting an easy win today. I think many people will be surprised. Early dominance with no reward 1 goal before half time, second half.a quick brace close together to get the job done. Newcastle with a consolation goal late on.

I remember one disastrous evening kick off in 1981 and I am pretty sure that had a 7.30 kick off.

It was the Saints replay.....the one when Eamon O’Keefe scored the winner down the Street in extra time.

Everyone knew the place would be packed that night....replays happened a few days after the first match and we had drawn 0-0 down there on the Saturday.

On the way back home, everyone said they were going the replay.

Around the city over the next few days, every Blue you met said they were going.

We had beaten Arsenal and the RS in the first two rounds.....we drew at Saints at a time they were one of the country’s top teams...a home tie in the 6th Round against City was the reward for the winner.

Everyone knew it would be a massive crowd....except Everton Football Club.

They only opened half the turnstiles and by 6.30 the queues were stretching for what seemed like miles, with more arriving all the time.

49,000 people showed up that night....and many of us missed the first half hour :mad:

But at least we won in the end :dance:

I remember one disastrous evening kick off in 1981 and I am pretty sure that had a 7.30 kick off.

It was the Saints replay.....the one when Eamon O’Keefe scored the winner down the Street in extra time.

Everyone knew the place would be packed that night....replays happened a few days after the first match and we had drawn 0-0 down there on the Saturday.

On the way back home, everyone said they were going the replay.

Around the city over the next few days, every Blue you met said they were going.

We had beaten Arsenal and the RS in the first two rounds.....we drew at Saints at a time they were one of the country’s top teams...a home tie in the 6th Round against City was the reward for the winner.

Everyone knew it would be a massive crowd....except Everton Football Club.

They only opened half the turnstiles and by 6.30 the queues were stretching for what seemed like miles, with more arriving all the time.

49,000 people showed up that night....and many of us missed the first half hour :mad:

But at least we won in the end :dance:
Everton that.

Status
Not open for further replies.