2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Did he actually sign anyone at Wolves or was that just all Jorge Mendes? They signed lots of good players when he was there.

Basically the best bit of business was getting Coady in on loan for hardly anything and I guess that's just due to Thelwell knowing him and asking him to help out. Coady was then benched for a third of the season behind Keane!

Imagine being a director of football when the club are going through points deductions and simply cannot spend. Beto was bought because he was 25m in a years time, he was the best of a bad bunch, but yes he is awful, absolutely awful. I mean imagine being the director of football that has to sign Ashley Young simply because there is nobody else. I feel sorry for him more than anything.

Maupay
Garner
McNeil

Three signings there and all have been a disappointment and not addressed the issues on the pitch at all. Zero pace. Lack of end product.

The academy might as well be a park for the kids to play on school holidays

1713219507901.jpeg

thelwell, the fruits of his labours very much being poison.

Imagine being a director of football when the club are going through points deductions and simply cannot spend. Beto was bought because he was 25m in a years time, he was the best of a bad bunch, but yes he is awful, absolutely awful. I mean imagine being the director of football that has to sign Ashley Young simply because there is nobody else. I feel sorry for him more than anything.

I think Young was a Dyche signing. Thelwell should've been strong enough to tell him to pack it in and give someone from the academy a chance. Absolutely nothing to be gained from having a 38 year old plodding down the line in the Premier League.

Maupay
Garner
McNeil

Three signings there and all have been a disappointment and not addressed the issues on the pitch at all. Zero pace. Lack of end product.

The academy might as well be a park for the kids to play on school holidays
Lampard wanted Maupay, Garner was great for Forest and McNeil has been ok for us, he has had a bad season but I believe a lot going on off the field for him. I get it, but also that’s kind of what I’m saying, all of those players were cheap and that’s why they are at Everton.

Lampard wanted Maupay, Garner was great for Forest and McNeil has been ok for us, he has had a bad season but I believe a lot going on off the field for him. I get it, but also that’s kind of what I’m saying, all of those players were cheap and that’s why they are at Everton.

I don’t know who wanted who, he’s the director of football, all I’m interested in is the end result and far more often than not , it’s been lacking. I’ve read at one time it was Kenwright who pushed for Maupay now it’s Lampard?

I’m not having a go at you when I’m saying these things either. This fella has shown all the traits that Wolves fans got fed up of.

I recognise he’s had difficulties no question, the end results with what he actually has spent is crap imo.

I bet you he quits in the summer

Maybe not. But that’s an example of one piece of business that we could’ve done that our Director of Football probably didn’t even think of.

Hudson-Odoi had loads of fitness issues in recent times and think he had a similar impact at Leverkusen that Gray did. Elanga was right on the doorstep warming the bench in Manchester so I think he'd have been better fit although up and down form at Forest.

The gamechanger would've been getting the Kudus deal over the line in summer 2022 as he'd have energised the frontline with his dribbling and shooting.

But this is why we have a highly paid DoF. May as well employ me if you want Ashley Young, Jack Harrison, McNeil types. Where are the South American signings or the lower league gems?

I don’t know who wanted who, he’s the director of football, all I’m interested in is the end result and far more often than not , it’s been lacking. I’ve read at one time it was Kenwright who pushed for Maupay now it’s Lampard?

I’m not having a go at you when I’m saying these things either. This fella has shown all the traits that Wolves fans got fed up of.
I agree with you mate. I do. I want decent players who realise they are playing for one of the most historical clubs in the league, country and world but simply put, players will now rather play for Brighton, West Ham, even Bournemouth over us. Its horrible. We need every player giving their all against Forest and we simply must win! There cannot be any excuses after it. We have to win that, screw the derby, and beat Sheff at home. Another 6 points may do it!