2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he needs to speak. But then again the former CEO or Moshiri should be telling the fans the struture of the club and the main responsibilities. of the key decision makers. But i think the big issue is that for years BK and Moshiri have been interfering in the transfers and thats why we are going through managers and dofs.

I just don't understand why we don't hear anything from him, or from anyone at the club about our strategy. Why are they afraid of telling us a story about how we are working, and asking us to buy into that strategy / or understand the challenges they are going through?

We're not asking him to tell us who is on his shortlist, or which deals worked, or 'I am working on bringing Richy back to play alongside Lukaku, with James in behind them' - just tell us about strategy, and what you are hoping to do. We just want an idea of the direction we are going in

Some ideas:

- Finances are difficult at the moment, and it is hard to find players at the budget that we can afford, especially when there are clubs around us who have state-funded sponsors or owners, and much bigger budgets with the prospects of playing in Europe. However, we are working hard to be smart in the transfer market, and together with our excellent academy prospects and current squad we are going to build a team that has good young players, with some experienced leaders. In the transfer market we are looking for X,Y,Z type players. We are working on transfers that have a short-term immediate impact / long-term impact that build etc etc etc...

i remember when Arsenal fans were frustrated between 2006-16 approx because they had to pay for the new stadium and Wenger always said something like 'we have to build on young players and smaller transfer fees and work towards long-term financial sustanability'. Look at them dropping £200m in the transfer window now. Of course Arsenal are operating on a much bigger scale than us, with that stadium and being in London etc, but it is possible to tell the fans about your long-term vision.

Because they can’t . They know people will see through them. Too much nonsense has transpired for them to be open.

Ask yourself, why does this fella only comment in recent times when it’s a tribute to a player leaving or the likes of Coleman staying on? It’s easy to speak when it’s a positive or wanting to look classy.

Remember the likes of this fella are not picking up meagre wages. If they want to take credit for things or look like the good guy then they have to take responsibility and acknowledge the criticisms too. Not just him but the club itself.

It’s why when they do a good deed I don’t buy into it because they show their true nature when things are going poorly.

….i’m not in the least surprised MSP might have been impressed by him, Thelwell talks like a politician. He will impress at interview unless Football people ask the right questions. He’ll sound fantastic delivering his vision for the club but words are meaningless.

He should be interrogated about what he’s done not asked what he’s going to do. I’d want root and branch evidence from him of his transfer dealings. I’d want to know his record of bringing in footballers that meet a playing strategy. I’d want to know his knowledge and his contacts in the global market.

A ‘vision for the future’ will be more hyperbole & something I’d not be in the least interested about. MSP need to get football people to interview him to determine if he’s a football person. He describes himself as a ‘line manager’, ffs.
Wait until he tells them he just needs another 23 staff to be able to do his job properly.
Beginning to think his 120 point plan was basically 120 managers of various things.

I think he needs to speak. But then again the former CEO or Moshiri should be telling the fans the struture of the club and the main responsibilities. of the key decision makers. But i think the big issue is that for years BK and Moshiri have been interfering in the transfers and thats why we are going through managers and dofs.
I said yesterday that until a DoF actually gets to pick the coach/manager that THEY want to work with (not who FM or BK want) the role is just a bit pointless.

Wait until he tells them he just needs another 23 staff to be able to do his job properly.
Beginning to think his 120 point plan was basically 120 managers of various things.

I`m beginning to think, that his 120 point plan, is just pure fiction, as we`re continuing to go backwards at quite a rate of knots.

If this 120 point plan was real, you`d think that the purchase of a striker in January, would`ve been at the top of the plan ?

I`m beginning to think, that his 120 point plan, is just pure fiction, as we`re continuing to go backwards at quite a rate of knots.

If this 120 point plan was real, you`d think that the purchase of a striker in January, would`ve been at the top of the plan ?
I’m sure he was quoted as saying another striker was point 121 and his team needed expansion once past 120 points.

No mate just outside at 121 apparently, hopefully it comes in slightly this year...

….i’m not in the least surprised MSP might have been impressed by him, Thelwell talks like a politician. He will impress at interview unless Football people ask the right questions. He’ll sound fantastic delivering his vision for the club but words are meaningless.

He should be interrogated about what he’s done not asked what he’s going to do. I’d want root and branch evidence from him of his transfer dealings. I’d want to know his record of bringing in footballers that meet a playing strategy. I’d want to know his knowledge and his contacts in the global market.

A ‘vision for the future’ will be more hyperbole & something I’d not be in the least interested about. MSP need to get football people to interview him to determine if he’s a football person. He describes himself as a ‘line manager’, ffs.

Neves, Jota, Pedro Neto.

Just three of the talents he signed.

Already anticipating the 'they were Mendes' signings' and if so what makes everyone so sure Maupay was Thelwell's?

One of the few interviews on him from training ground guru in his Wolves days.

sums the fella up, wearing a disguise when he’s named in the interview ffs.
IMG_4020.jpeg

I just don't understand why we don't hear anything from him, or from anyone at the club about our strategy. Why are they afraid of telling us a story about how we are working, and asking us to buy into that strategy / or understand the challenges they are going through?

We're not asking him to tell us who is on his shortlist, or which deals worked, or 'I am working on bringing Richy back to play alongside Lukaku, with James in behind them' - just tell us about strategy, and what you are hoping to do. We just want an idea of the direction we are going in

Some ideas:

- Finances are difficult at the moment, and it is hard to find players at the budget that we can afford, especially when there are clubs around us who have state-funded sponsors or owners, and much bigger budgets with the prospects of playing in Europe. However, we are working hard to be smart in the transfer market, and together with our excellent academy prospects and current squad we are going to build a team that has good young players, with some experienced leaders. In the transfer market we are looking for X,Y,Z type players. We are working on transfers that have a short-term immediate impact / long-term impact that build etc etc etc...

i remember when Arsenal fans were frustrated between 2006-16 approx because they had to pay for the new stadium and Wenger always said something like 'we have to build on young players and smaller transfer fees and work towards long-term financial sustanability'. Look at them dropping £200m in the transfer window now. Of course Arsenal are operating on a much bigger scale than us, with that stadium and being in London etc, but it is possible to tell the fans about your long-term vision.
I’m honestly not that fussed about hearing him speak. His job (or one of them) is to work on transfers and transfer strategy and honestly that should be done as quietly as possible. We all want to be reassured but really there is nothing to be gained from him disclosing strategy or our negotiating position publicly, so any interview would just be vague and empty, and then people would fume about that.

I think a big part of the reason DoFs at any club are misunderstood, for better or worse, is that it’s not their job to explain their job on camera, in fact it’s their job to do it quietly as possible.

We should definitely have better communication on overall club strategy from board and owner level but that is above the DoFs pay grade and they shouldn’t be fobbing that responsibility off on him.

I’m honestly not that fussed about hearing him speak. His job (or one of them) is to work on transfers and transfer strategy and honestly that should be done as quietly as possible. We all want to be reassured but really there is nothing to be gained from him disclosing strategy or our negotiating position publicly, so any interview would just be vague and empty, and then people would fume about that.

I think a big part of the reason DoFs at any club are misunderstood, for better or worse, is that it’s not their job to explain their job on camera, in fact it’s their job to do it quietly as possible.

We should definitely have better communication on overall club strategy from board and owner level but that is above the DoFs pay grade and they shouldn’t be fobbing that responsibility off on him.
He should do an interview in September

Status
Not open for further replies.