2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.

…i genuinely think Thelwell is awful. Our worst DoF. Two windows failing to bring in an effective striker option makes him entirely culpable for our recent demise.

if we had a decent striker we’d be fine. Thelwell is a fancy talker, the talk that impressed a Board who know little about football. There was one simple question to ask him at interview: “tell us about your transfer record“. You then interrogate him on the detail.

We don’t want a DoF who talks the talk. We don’t want a DoF who sounds like a politician. We want a DoF who recognises a footballer. We want a DoF who’s a Football man.

i can’t warm to Thelwell at all.

…i genuinely think Thelwell is awful. Our worst DoF. Two windows failing to bring in an effective striker option makes him entirely culpable for our recent demise.

if we had a decent striker we’d be fine. Thelwell is a fancy talker, the talk that impressed a Board who know little about football. There was one simple question to ask him at interview: “tell us about your transfer record“. You then interrogate him on the detail.

We don’t want a DoF who talks the talk. We don’t want a DoF who sounds like a politician. We want a DoF who recognises a footballer. We want a DoF who’s a Football man.

Given the recent news about us being reported for FFP breaches, I think it’s fairly obvious we had nothing to spend in Jan in a bid to try to appease the PL.

Given the recent news about us being reported for FFP breaches, I think it’s fairly obvious we had nothing to spend in Jan in a bid to try to appease the PL.
What makes that even more unpalatable is the constant stories coming out of the club about how the DoF and Chairman were there at all hours to get deals over the line…..they knew what was coming….,it was just another pack of lies

What makes that even more unpalatable is the constant stories coming out of the club about how the DoF and Chairman were there at all hours to get deals over the line…..they knew what was coming….,it was just another pack of lies
Someone came out in the media, I think an agent, and said they had the impression we didn’t have the money to pay for the players we were enquiring about. BK was there all night doing his old and trusted phantom bids.

Someone came out in the media, I think an agent, and said they had the impression we didn’t have the money to pay for the players we were enquiring about. BK was there all night doing his old and trusted phantom bids.
Yeah I remember that …I think it may have been on Talk Sport…..they really are stupid, there’s no other description for them and they’ve turned us into long time laughing stock

This

Did we have anything to spend in the summer when we still desperately needed a centre forward? Oh yeah, we spent about 60 million on McNeill, Maupay and Onana. Poor Kev, he really didn't have to he money to sign a halfway competent centre forward. Big Kev' doing bits my arse.

Status
Not open for further replies.