Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its all hearsay and chinese whispers mate.

I dont doubt under Carlo and Benitez he had little say in who came in but he was given a lot of control under Silva initially and wasted a lot of money which is probably why Sir Farhad started listening more and more to super agents and the manager in the dugout after seeing his money set ablaze in front of him !
It started from day one mate, and it started because of the fact Koeman and Walsh had blown £300m up the wall, so the board took more of a controlling interest. You may think it's chinese whispers and hearsay and I don't claim to be an expert but I do know people through work who are and they know a lot more than anyone on this website does. Everyone has their own view on it

It started from day one mate, and it started because of the fact Koeman and Walsh had blown £300m up the wall, so the board took more of a controlling interest. You may think it's chinese whispers and hearsay and I don't claim to be an expert but I do know people through work who are and they know a lot more than anyone on this website does. Everyone has their own view on it

The problem with Brands was he never stamped his style or authority on anything. Big Kev Thelwell has come in, amended the academy and booted Unsworth straight off, seems to have put in place a formation of 3 at the back which the manager is going along with and signing players that suit the system and more importantly the league itself.

You always felt with Brands he was happy to just sign a few players and take a backseat and you cant do that as a DOF in the PL.

Ultimately I have little sympathy for him, he signed a new deal, took a position on the board then cried when Benitez and the fans pulled him up.

I dislike Brands as much as anyone and I took pelters for saying he would fail from the start mate but I honestly don't think you realise how little he had to do with the transfers in recent years

…folk who have an agenda against him will highlight signings and say he was responsible, when the reality is the clubs transfer processes have been a mess.

Indeed, I think he helped keep things together working alongside Silva and Ancelotti. We know what happened with Benitez but I think he’d have been fine with Lampard.

Hopefully Lampard and Thelwell are a good team and other factors within the club don’t interfere, except for holding the purse strings.

I don't ignore addons I just don't think they should be factored in before being triggered. Same way I don't tell people we signed Dele for £40m.
We signed Dele for 40m tho.

Whether we ever pay 40m remains a doubt.

The thing with addons is that nobody knows what they are or when they are triggered, so I prefer to just assume they have all been reached, its what a sensible person would do when dealing with accounts.

We signed Dele for 40m tho.

Whether we ever pay 40m remains a doubt.

The thing with addons is that nobody knows what they are or when they are triggered, so I prefer to just assume they have all been reached, its what a sensible person would do when dealing with accounts.

You're tripping if you think all the addons on say Iwobi's deal have been triggered.

Status
Not open for further replies.