Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’re likely waiting for a certain player or players, with the belief that DCL would be fine alone until then. We took the risk and it failed unfortunately.

In terms of Dobbin and Simms, it’s likely the club have decided they simply weren’t ready, so the priority is to develop their game elsewhere.

Would they have made the difference yesterday? I’m not sure.
Agreed I think we should be focusing on the long term with them 2 rather than throwing them in the deep end in an injury crisis

It wont be paid over 5 or 6 years tho mate.

It will be paid over 2 or 3 years.

FFP spreads the payments over the length of contract
Profit and Loss means when the money is paid, it goes on the balance sheet

Profit and Loss is the issue we currently have.

For example, I bet next Summer you wont be factoring in the payments that will have to be made for players bought in this window, our issue seems to be we have focused solely on FFP, spreading the payments. But then whoops, we make loses of 380million over 3 years.

For me, we have bought players for 53m this window and sold 1 for 60m, I mean nobody says we sold Richarlison for 10m, do they?
Spot-on there, I don't really understand all this ffp and premier league financial compliance stuff, but, I can tell you, with confidence, that businesses that lose £100million per year, tend to go bust.

Let’s call Moyes and Silva?
The sceptical in still feels half of our problem is their agents.. sit tight lad they can't fire you, your own a huge wedge ride it out for a big sign on fee. BTW I'm only looking after my bonus and not you.

From myers: Kevin Thelwell: “Myself and Frank continue to work closely with our Chairman, who has unrivalled experience in player negotiations and we are confident that, together, we will secure the further quality we’ve targeted between now and the end of the month.

Quietly transforming the window and squad, without causing major shockwaves.

That’s what we need, under the radar, build on what we’ve got and get back in the top half, might not happen over night, but stability after the last couple of years is needed.

Not sure myself mate, he’s just signing anyone with a connection to his past in some form. Wouldn’t be surprised if we do end up with Traore on the last day of the window to add some attacking options.

I mean, Lampard wants to play a 3 at the back, he knows and trusts Coady, who’s widely accepted as being an excellent half in a back three.

We also signed Vinagre, but that feels very much like a Sidibe signing in the sense that they’re a backup but a capable one, an upgrade in what we had.

We set ourselves up to sign young olayers( with high upside, I think it was sensible to put feelers out for MGW, and right that we pulled away when it didn’t meet our budget.

No issue with that. Smart business.

Status
Not open for further replies.