Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.

It will be paid over 5/6 years which is not the same as saying we've spent £53m in one summer.
It wont be paid over 5 or 6 years tho mate.

It will be paid over 2 or 3 years.

FFP spreads the payments over the length of contract
Profit and Loss means when the money is paid, it goes on the balance sheet

Profit and Loss is the issue we currently have.

For example, I bet next Summer you wont be factoring in the payments that will have to be made for players bought in this window, our issue seems to be we have focused solely on FFP, spreading the payments. But then whoops, we make loses of 380million over 3 years.

For me, we have bought players for 53m this window and sold 1 for 60m, I mean nobody says we sold Richarlison for 10m, do they?

Brands signed most of our players under Silva apart from Iwobi and had a hand in Doucoure and Godfrey.

Thelwell has also pretty much signed every player this summer window.
I dislike Brands as much as anyone and I took pelters for saying he would fail from the start mate but I honestly don't think you realise how little he had to do with the transfers in recent years

I am not joking. We could still be playing now and wouldn't have scored. Our front line yesterday was not good enough for this level of football
I don't know so much Tim. I agree with you that we desperately need a centre forward in, if only so I don't have to see Rondon in a Royal Blue jersey again, but, I do think we created chances yesterday. Tarkowski had a very good headed effort saved by Mendy and Dele really should have at least got a shot away when Patterson played him in. I can see where you're coming from, but, if the Onana move does go ahead, I think the squad has far less chance of being embroiled in a relegation battle than the squad we had last year would.

I am not joking. We could still be playing now and wouldn't have scored. Our front line yesterday was not good enough for this level of football
That I agree with...

However, our Defence was a mess; it has improved.

Our midfield was non-existent - We have potentially improved it immensely.

Our squad had the England striker ready to go until three days before the season kick off and then he was injured and we were juggling Onana, Coady and Gana, so to get in a striker three days before the season started was a non starter.

We wanted to strengthen the weakest part of the team first (as we had DCL as our top line striker), which we have now done.

We will bring in a striker; patience.

It wont be paid over 5 or 6 years tho mate.

It will be paid over 2 or 3 years.

FFP spreads the payments over the length of contract
Profit and Loss means when the money is paid, it goes on the balance sheet

Profit and Loss is the issue we currently have.

For example, I bet next Summer you wont be factoring in the payments that will have to be made for players bought in this window, our issue seems to be we have focused solely on FFP, spreading the payments. But then whoops, we make loses of 380million over 3 years.

For me, we have bought players for 53m this window and sold 1 for 60m.
I'm just talking about the actual outlay this summer, which isn't much at all if reports are to be believed.

If you'd said to me that we'd be able to do that at the beginning of the summer, I'd have well believed it after selling Richarlison.

I dislike Brands as much as anyone and I took pelters for saying he would fail from the start mate but I honestly don't think you realise how little he had to do with the transfers in recent years

Its all hearsay and chinese whispers mate.

I dont doubt under Carlo and Benitez he had little say in who came in but he was given a lot of control under Silva initially and wasted a lot of money which is probably why Sir Farhad started listening more and more to super agents and the manager in the dugout after seeing his money set ablaze in front of him !

I'm just talking about the actual outlay this summer, which isn't much at all if reports are to be believed.

If you'd said to me that we'd be able to do that at the beginning of the summer, I'd have well believed it after selling Richarlison.
But signings in this window impact us in other windows.

Last Summer we spent 1.7m on players due to our overspending in previous windows.

Its all hearsay and chinese whispers mate.

I dont doubt under Carlo and Benitez he had little say in who came in but he was given a lot of control under Silva initially and wasted a lot of money which is probably why Sir Farhad started listening more and more to super agents and the manager in the dugout after seeing his money set ablaze in front of him !
It started under Silva.

Because the Iranian-born businessman, football advisor, agent and global transfer figure was behind two of the club's most high-profile transfers of the summer.

Richarlison and Bernard have representatives of their own but multi-million pound deals, which include complex negotiations with clubs at home and abroad, often involve a network of people to ensure they get over the line.

And this is where Joorabchian, and his Sports Invest UK Ltd company, became involved with Everton.

Richarlison was brought to England in the summer of 2017 by his agent Renato Velasco, of the Velasco Sport Group, but official Football Association documents confirm that it came with the help of Joorabchian's company.

Agent Nojan Bedroud, of Sports Invest UK Ltd, is listed as one of the two 'Registering Club' Intermediaries and his expertise helped Watford, and Marco Silva, bring the forward in from Fluminense in an £11.5m deal.

It is believed that Velasco Sport Group and Joorabchian's company again combined to bring Richarlison to Everton in a deal worth £40m from Watford in July.

Status
Not open for further replies.