Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Full credit to Kev.

From the academy restructure, the loan strategy for our youth, and now the four signings (with Gueye and hopefully a striker) to come, he has nailed it.

If he manages to clear out one or two of our high earning dead wood, then it will be a sensational start.

Over to you now, Frank.

Moshiri isn't dealing with the transfers though, Kenwright is still heavily involved, your hero worship of Kenwright is sickening, owner or chairman for 20 odd years yet according to you none of it is his fault, deluded to the extreme. Stop defending the indefensible.
Now, but its overall running of the club over the last 6 years that's the big problem, not just his transfer messing

Kenwright is more involved now, which is why we are looking to do better work this window, but over the last 6 years Moshiri has been heavily involved with moving money around, and Brands, but now those two are taking a back seat/gone its more on Kenwright, the manager and Thelwell to fix the mess made in recent years by others
If Kenwright can be allowed to have the type of working relationship he had with Moyes along with the help of Thelwell we might actually be ok, but Moshiri has to stay out.

Thelwell and Moshiri will prove a great combination.

Hopefully the haters quieten down now and stop with the protest nonsense and just get behind the club as its clear lessons have been learned.

Dont like Kenwright and the board are still idiots but right now the most important thing is whats happening on the pitch and the new ground.

COYB
Agree on the bold part, spot on

Thelwell and Moshiri will prove a great combination.

Hopefully the haters quieten down now and stop with the protest nonsense and just get behind the club as its clear lessons have been learned.

Dont like Kenwright and the board are still idiots but right now the most important thing is whats happening on the pitch and the new ground.

COYB

We have no recognised striker for the first match of the season.

Our reserve striker, has the fitness levels of a park footballer and a first touch, that Fred West would be proud of.

As it stands, we still have the same porous, immobile, can`t string two passes together midfield we had last season.

We`ve sold our best player, the same player that almost single handidly kept us up and not replaced him.

We`ve been scraping around for bargains all Summer, due to an owner, who hasn`t got a clue, who is in bed with agents and who meddles in transfers, a Chairman, who speaks as much shiz as you, a procession of managerial failures, who`ve blown 500 mil between them on garbage and the last one who nearly destroyed the club.

The chronic mismanagement of the cloob hasn`t gone away, due to us signing a couple of midfielders, so I`d say that there are still very good reasons to protest.

Last edited:
We have no recognised striker for the first match of the season.

Our reserve striker, has the fitness levels of a park footballer and a first touch, that Fred West would be proud of.

As it stands, we still have the same porous, immobile, can`t string two passes together midfield we had last season.

We`ve sold our best player, the same player that almost single handidly kept us up and not replaced him.

We`ve been scraping around for bargains all Summer, due to an owner, who hasn`t got a clue, who is in bed with agents and who meddles in transfers, a Chairman, who speaks as much shiz as you, a procession of managerial failures, who`ve blown 500 mil between them on garbage and the last one who nearly destroyed the club.

The chronic mismanagement of the cloob hasn`t gone away, due to us signing a couple of midfielders, so I`d say that there are still very good reasons to protest.

Embarassing post that.

McNeil
Tarkowski
Vinegar
Onana
Gana

All signed / due to sign

Coady and Broja heavily linked

Not good enough though because mistakes have been made in the past ?‍♂️

Embarassing post that.

McNeil
Tarkowski
Vinegar
Onana
Gana

All signed / due to sign

Coady and Broja heavily linked

Not good enough though because mistakes have been made in the past ?‍♂️

We`ve blown the best part of 500 mil, just to survive relegation by the skin of our teeth.

I don`t think anyone looking from the outside in, would call us a well run football cloob, quite the opposite.

Nothing will change until all the clowns in charge are webbed and if protests speed that process up, bring it on.

We`ve blown the best part of 500 mil, just to survive relegation by the skin of our teeth.

I don`t think anyone looking from the outside in, would call us a well run football cloob, quite the opposite.

Nothing will change until all the clowns in charge are webbed and if protests speed that process up, bring it on.

I agree there, but Moshiri has since taken a step back and allowed Thelwell to run the club whilst backing the manager with funds and pushing ahead with a new stadium - all the things the fans have wanted from the start.

If fans can't support the changes in the regime why bother even supporting us at this point if they'll never be happy regardless of what changes the owner makes?

Apparently deals are delayed by our mode of transport

images (5).jpeg

I agree there, but Moshiri has since taken a step back and allowed Thelwell to run the club whilst backing the manager with funds and pushing ahead with a new stadium - all the things the fans have wanted from the start.

If fans can't support the changes in the regime why bother even supporting us at this point if they'll never be happy regardless of what changes the owner makes?
The point may be that you can be positive about the changes, namely Thelwell and the current and suspected signings, and still hold valid concerns.

While I'm buoyed by the supposed signings of Onana and Gueye alongside the deals already completed, the fact is our best player isn't close to being replaced.

Our midfield is currently still very weak although that's hopefully going to change to soon; however, going into the opening game with isn't a moot point.

That's before the discussion about DCL and the forward line, which may be mixed but again it's a concern. In layman's terms, there's positives but still worries.

From what I've heard and read in the press, we're a valid candidate to go down, and I can see why. We need a strong start to steady the ship, but will we get it?

This all comes back to how we've been run as a club for the past couple of years, so while Thelwell should be applauded it's not going to paper over all the cracks.

Let's be positive of what's been done while being aware of how much more work there is to be done. If we don't stay up this season, it's pretty meaningless*.

*Well not meaningless as we'll be in a more stable position, but you catch my drift.

The point may be that you can be positive about the changes, namely Thelwell and the current and suspected signings, and still hold valid concerns.

While I'm buoyed by the supposed signings of Onana and Gueye alongside the deals already completed, the fact is our best player isn't close to being replaced.

Our midfield is currently still very weak although that's hopefully going to change to soon; however, going into the opening game with isn't a moot point.

That's before the discussion about DCL and the forward line, which may be mixed but again it's a concern. In layman's terms, there's positives but still worries.

From what I've heard and read in the press, we're a valid candidate to go down, and I can see why. We need a strong start to steady the ship, but will we get it?

This all comes back to how we've been run as a club for the past couple of years, so while Thelwell should be applauded it's not going to paper over all the cracks.

Let's be positive of what's been done while being aware of how much more work there is to be done. If we don't stay up this season, it's pretty meaningless*.

*Well not meaningless as we'll be in a more stable position, but you catch my drift.

Every club that fails has to restart somewhere mate - we all know the last few years have been poor but the problem is some fans are not prepared to accept a period of rebuild and/or the changes made in the clubs structure.

They want a Richarlison replacement before the Chelsea game - even if we sign Mbappe next week its not good enough as we may have dropped 3 points by then !!

They want Broja in NOW even if Chelsea wont sell him until the windows end - even if we sign him on deadline day its not good enough as we may have dropped points in the opening games which means the Top 4 challenge is OFF ffs !!

If Big Kev Thelwell doesn't sign 10 players by July 1st he's a Kopite Fraud !!

If Moshiri doesn't boot DBB tomorrow he's a complete tosspot despite building us a new boss stadium and backing every manager with funds bar Benitez who the fans hated anyway !!

The level headed fans can see we're in the rebuild process and it'll take time but some of our fans are caught up in a loop of negativity and I dont think they can break themselves oot of it I really don't.

I wouldn't listen to the Kopite media either mate no way we go down - Southampton, Brighton, Brentford, Notts Forest, Leeds, Fulham and Bournemouth are no better than us, Leicester look like all is not rosey and Villa are Villa under Slippy.

Every club that fails has to restart somewhere mate - we all know the last few years have been poor but the problem is some fans are not prepared to accept a period of rebuild and/or the changes made in the clubs structure.

They want a Richarlison replacement before the Chelsea game - even if we sign Mbappe next week its not good enough as we may have dropped 3 points by then !!

They want Broja in NOW even if Chelsea wont sell him until the windows end - even if we sign him on deadline day its not good enough as we may have dropped points in the opening games which means the Top 4 challenge is OFF ffs !!

If Big Kev Thelwell doesn't sign 10 players by July 1st he's a Kopite Fraud !!

If Moshiri doesn't boot DBB tomorrow he's a complete tosspot despite building us a new boss stadium and backing every manager with funds bar Benitez who the fans hated anyway Jeez !!

The level headed fans can see we're in the rebuild process and it'll take time but some of our fans are caught up in a loop of negativity and I dont think they can break themselves oot of it I really don't.

I wouldn't listen to the Kopite media either mate no way we go down - Southampton, Brighton, Brentford, Notts Forest, Leeds, Fulham and Bournemouth are no better than us, Leicester look like all is not rosey and Villa are Villa under Slippy.

I’m not giving this board any support. Far too much has gone on here for me. Now you can think what you like, negativity and so on, fine, I know what you are like here at times.

I’ll always want the team to win but I certainly ain’t giving any money while those people are at the club.

What gets me is they have had chances yet people want to preserve with them , I don’t relate to that. If we had better people as custodians you would , in time, see a positive difference long term, not short term as it usually is, long term.

Pointing out issues after so much nonsense has occurred is not a negative, you criticise to show the flaws so they will be sorted and things get better. It’s not a negative.

I’m not giving this board any support. Far too much has gone on here for me. Now you can think what you like, negativity and so on, fine, I know what you are like here at times.

I’ll always want the team to win but I certainly ain’t giving any money while those people are at the club.

What gets me is they have had chances yet people want to preserve with them , I don’t relate to that. If we had better people as custodians you would , in time, see a positive difference long term, not short term as it usually is, long term.

Pointing out issues after so much nonsense has occurred is not a negative, you criticise to show the flaws so they will be sorted and things get better. It’s not a negative.

Its not above supporting the board mate, its about supporting the club.

We sign Onana and they'll be some moaning "eeez injured iz knee doh lad everton dat"

Its constant negativity bringing the place down - look at the scenes of last season thats what we need.

We want the new lads joined to think they've got some good support behind them not protests and boo's when they've been in the door 5 minutes it inevitably effects the atmosphere around the club which will sink into the dressing room.

Status
Not open for further replies.