2018/19 Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree, and Baines should have had be grit to pull rank on him also. Just meant in terms of ego and especially perceived ego and attitude from the fan base.

Yeah. To me I always saw that as Kev wanting the kick because he believed he could score it. It never came across as an ego trip on his part

However, it was not his job to take the pen and he should have backed down, but Jags and Baines as senior members of the team should have ensured that happened. Baines was far too passive in that situation

I mean, I get WHY he wanted to take the pen. It was right after that Belgium youngster died in a car crash, he was wearing a shirt he wanted to "honour" the lad with.

I mean, he DIDN'T score tho and looked like a right tit as a result but I get the "why" aspect of why he did it.

Yeah. To me I always saw that as Kev wanting the kick because he believed he could score it. It never came across as an ego trip on his part

However, it was not his job to take the pen and he should have backed down, but Jags and Baines as senior members of the team should have ensured that happened. Baines was far too passive in that situation
Baines was as much to blame in that situation. It finished Mirallas for me that night.

So do we really think he has a realistic chance to be our RB backup for this season?

IMO it may not be the worst idea. Better to spend all our available money on a new winger, striker, centre half and a Gana replacement. If that player is Gbamin, he can also play as a RB if needed.

I mean, I get WHY he wanted to take the pen. It was right after that Belgium youngster died in a car crash, he was wearing a shirt he wanted to "honour" the lad with.

I mean, he DIDN'T score tho and looked like a right tit as a result but I get the "why" aspect of why he did it.

Is that right? Lost all respect for him that night...

Thought he’d scored last night with that sweet freekick

You can even like Schneiderlin if you want, I bet you do don’t you? Bolasie? Martina?: I wouldn’t mind you liking Niasse, he at least gives you a laugh, and a goal now and again.
Personally (and of course it’s just my opinion) he’s given more than any of those to us. Not saying he’s not turned into a bit of a wrong ‘un, but there has been some good times

Status
Not open for further replies.