2018/19 Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
See I remember a time before Martinez when Kev was probably our best player for at least a season and a half. People can argue that and if you don't think he was our best player, then he was certainly our most dangerous and exciting.

Then the likes of Barkley, Lukaku and Delofeu came along - all younger and all who made a bigger impact in their own ways. Kev couldn't handle not being as important anymore culminating in his penalty antics at home to West Brom where he stole the ball from Baines. It was almost as if he was trying to say "look at me, I'm still important too".

Sounds like he is still a little bit of that mentality, but we also know there is (or maybe was) a player in there somewhere.

He definitely needs man managing and ego massaging to get the best out of him. He could still be a useful player to have in the squad IF he can be kept happy. If not, then good luck to him - he has provided some memorable moments in the past and I will choose to remember his positive contributions over the years (as despite what others might think, I believe these outweigh anything negative.)

Ooooohh Kevin Mirallas!

He was only here for Moyes' last season, so you're remembering it incorrectly.

Mirallas was good under Moyes, took a bit of time to settle but by the end of 12/13 was good.

13/14 - Martinez's first season - he was great playing down the right.

14/15 - Martinez started using him more on the left. Kev probably peaked for us during the first half of that season. Unfortunately, he dropped off a cliff when we refused to let him talk to Atletico Madrid but also Martinez stopped playing him.

From then on in, it's been a mix of bad management and bad attitude.

But, he's now 30. Just because he's scored five against some Austrian farmers doesn't mean he should be staying.

I thought his poor attitude shone through yesterday again.
It was about him and not the team. The free kick that he scored was after a "discussion" with Dowell about who should take it. As a senior player in a meaningless training exercise with goals flying in from all angles I would have thought it was the perfect opportunity to let the youngster have a pot.

He certainly was trying to impress, but I think it may be others rather than Silva.

I thought his poor attitude shone through yesterday again.
It was about him and not the team. The free kick that he scored was after a "discussion" with Dowell about who should take it. As a senior player in a meaningless training exercise with goals flying in from all angles I would have thought it was the perfect opportunity to let the youngster have a pot.

He certainly was trying to impress, but I think it may be others rather than Silva.

Well it wasn't really a discussion with Dowell, he didn't even acknowledge him, I agree with everything you say though.

We need him gone so at least he's trying to show what he still can do, we'd find our harder to shift him if he was moping around doing nothing I suppose.

Perhaps he won't be in trouble this time. I'm willing to give a few players a free pass considering how Koeman and Chubby managed the squad this past couple of years
Martinez and Unsworth also had problems with him though. And the annoying thing is, Kev isn't crap. He had some good moments in the Martinez years. Unfortunately, he is a giant douche.

He was only here for Moyes' last season, so you're remembering it incorrectly.

Mirallas was good under Moyes, took a bit of time to settle but by the end of 12/13 was good.

13/14 - Martinez's first season - he was great playing down the right.

14/15 - Martinez started using him more on the left. Kev probably peaked for us during the first half of that season. Unfortunately, he dropped off a cliff when we refused to let him talk to Atletico Madrid but also Martinez stopped playing him.

From then on in, it's been a mix of bad management and bad attitude.

But, he's now 30. Just because he's scored five against some Austrian farmers doesn't mean he should be staying.

Exactly. This was the calibre of club after him. I also seem to remember Spurs were after him too, so that shows the level he was playing at. Either way, we all agree he is capable. If he wants to knuckle down and remind us all in a way that isn't detrimental to the team then let's give him a chance. If not, then Silva knows what to do...

I really think everyone is on a fresh start with Silva. Silva will do the judging. Feel there will be one or two surprise selections with Silva and we could see different attitudes from the players

Exactly! They may like the fact we have a manager who actually wants to play football. As long as he doesn't lose the dressing room like Bobby we could see a sea-change in attitude from the players and at that point it becomes who wants it most.

With such a large squad though it is inevitable that some will sulk and with that in mind I would have thought Kev would be one of the first out the door, based on age and his previous meltdowns despite the fact he could still be one of our most productive players if he keeps it altogether.

Exactly. This was the calibre of club after him. I also seem to remember Spurs were after him too, so that shows the level he was playing at. Either way, we all agree he is capable. If he wants to knuckle down and remind us all in a way that isn't detrimental to the team then let's give him a chance. If not, then Silva knows what to do...

He's 30 now, he's lost that acceleration he had - and those hamstring injuries from 15/16 onwards haven't helped.

Exactly! They may like the fact we have a manager who actually wants to play football. As long as he doesn't lose the dressing room like Bobby we could see a sea-change in attitude from the players and at that point it becomes who wants it most.

With such a large squad though it is inevitable that some will sulk and with that in mind I would have thought Kev would be one of the first out the door, based on age and his previous meltdowns despite the fact he could still be one of our most productive players if he keeps it altogether.

I would rather he is moved on before he again gets an opportunity to disrupt the dressing room or wherever else, he's had far too many chances already, give him away if we have to and free up his wages for someone better and younger.

1531656911349.jpeg

Take your pick!
1531656911349.jpeg

The fact is Mirallas won't turn up when needed and is always prone to getting sent off for petty incidents. There are a lot of players out there that do what he does better, time to part ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.