2018/19 Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps he won't be in trouble this time. I'm willing to give a few players a free pass considering how Koeman and Chubby managed the squad this past couple of years

Still think there's a useful player in there if he can keep his head together and not sulk when he's not playing

Perhaps he won't be in trouble this time. I'm willing to give a few players a free pass considering how Koeman and Chubby managed the squad this past couple of years

Can't see it personally, wish he could change because there's a player in there when he's up for it but attitude is always going to get in his way.

Showed today in the way he blatantly pushed Dowell away from the free kick that he'd not only won but had been taking them all game, was exact same as the time with the penalty he was having none of it and had made his mind up, if that's creeping in during the 1st pre season friendly when the team was already 12/13 goals ahead (he'd scored 2 in a few mins so hardly desperate measures to get a hat trick) it will 100% happen again at some point in the season.

It's a shame really only manager who seemed to have a hold on him was Moyes.

Hope he leaves. Sick of him being one of our stand-out players in pre-season and knowing that it bodes badly for the season ahead.

See I remember a time before Martinez when Kev was probably our best player for at least a season and a half. People can argue that and if you don't think he was our best player, then he was certainly our most dangerous and exciting.

Then the likes of Barkley, Lukaku and Delofeu came along - all younger and all who made a bigger impact in their own ways. Kev couldn't handle not being as important anymore culminating in his penalty antics at home to West Brom where he stole the ball from Baines. It was almost as if he was trying to say "look at me, I'm still important too".

Sounds like he is still a little bit of that mentality, but we also know there is (or maybe was) a player in there somewhere.

He definitely needs man managing and ego massaging to get the best out of him. He could still be a useful player to have in the squad IF he can be kept happy. If not, then good luck to him - he has provided some memorable moments in the past and I will choose to remember his positive contributions over the years (as despite what others might think, I believe these outweigh anything negative.)

Ooooohh Kevin Mirallas!

Status
Not open for further replies.