Ken Bates wants us "punished like Chelsea"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricardobee

Player Valuation: £35m
Leeds Chairman Ken Bates wants Everton to be stripped of the right to buy players for the next 2 transfer windows as part of the case he is putting together against the Blues for "poaching" Luke Garbutt.

There is a tribunal hearing on Monday, and Bates has launched a scathing attack on the Blues for "nicking" Luke Garbutt from his club.

"On Monday we have a tribunal for Garbutt, who Everton nicked from us," he said.

"I hope the ruling that has been handed down from FIFA on Chelsea will set the scene. It certainly sends a message to the Football League compensation tribunal about compensation.

"I'm not just talking about Leeds. Lots of smaller clubs than us have been stripped of their best kids and they should be adequately compensated.

"The days of nicking Leeds players and paying peanuts are over. We are determined to be adequately compensated for the work we are doing in our academy."

Hahaha the joke's on him. We don't buy players in the transfer window.

Bates has just confirmed that he has the full backing of Evertons board.

Bill Kenwright: "He's 100% right. I conjured the plan up when I was in the boys pen. We stole Garbutt and we should be punished"

Ken Bates is perhaps the biggest hypocrite ever in the history of football.
He's also just an attention seeker, and that's what this statement is about.

Nothing will happen. The thing with Chelsea is that they're renowned for being sly on transfers (Cole, Essien for eg) and Fifa probably had enough. Im sure Man United will get a slap if someone reports them again.

Unless we're dodgy on loads of deals he'll be barking up the wrong tree. Or is he just gutting we didnt pay over the odds for him like Villa did for Delph?

Thing is if we have tapped up the young lad and taken him away from Leeds, then we really should face the same punishment as Chelsea. I will have no issue about it because I think what Fifa are doing to Chelsea is right and should be a blanket punishment.

Thing is if we have tapped up the young lad and taken him away from Leeds, then we really should face the same punishment as Chelsea. I will have no issue about it because I think what Fifa are doing to Chelsea is right and should be a blanket punishment.

Dont think we "tapped him up"

He didn't even have a senior contract did he?

Bates is bitter that we managed to sign one of their prospects, but as such, I feel they probably are entitled to a decent amount of compensation

He's just wanting to get more money rather than seeing us banned.

The Mirror has him saying us and Man Citeh (who took 2 kids from them this season) should be bollocked for taking them and giving them peanuts. He said "How can Manchester City pay £24 million for Joleon Lescott and take two of our 14-year-olds - and only offer us £70,000? They've spent £200m on new players and that's all they are offering."

Its not about pinching talent with him, it an opportunity to get more money from clubs. Last time he had a whinge was against Spurs and Chelsea and he bagged £6mill from them.

Like I say, I wouldnt be surprised if he's talking out his arse just to get coin. But if its true, I cant see Fifa being tough on us because we not "big"

I thought Chelsea got punished because they tried to force the player to break a contract so they could sign him? I've read articles that ManU might be punished as well for their offering of money to a youngsters parents to get their kid to go to them instead of staying at his current club.

As far as I know it's not against the rules to sign players if they don't have any legal contract (to young) or only have 6 months left on it. (Anyone know how long Garbutt had left when we talked to him?) Or even to get in touch with the club and ask for a possible transfer. Doing just that isn't really tapping a player up, unless we go further and either talk to the player anyway or leaking to the press about how much better it would be if he came here.

I don't think the meeting on monday will result in us getting a punishment like that... if we had behaved like Chelsea don't you think Hughes would have said something like... "We didn't do anything wrong. Look at how Everton behaved when they signed Garbutt"?

Bates is just angry his young talent wanted to leave.. any manager would be in his shoes. But I can only see the meeting on monday decide on how much he's worth and give us a figure we have to pay Leeds for his signature.

I thought Chelsea's biggest no no was they did not deal with the player or his agent, they went to his family and offered them money. In turn they tried to change the mind of the player, and induced him to act against the parameters of his contract.

Dont think we "tapped him up"

He didn't even have a senior contract did he?

Bates is bitter that we managed to sign one of their prospects, but as such, I feel they probably are entitled to a decent amount of compensation

That doesn't matter.

Of course I don't want us to get into trouble, but if it happens, it happens, and we can't be all sweetness and light because it's our club. If they broke the rules, they broke the rules.

Mind you I don't even think anyone really understands the rules.

Bates accusing someone else of shady business practices and breaking common decency standards?

Man alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.