Keith Wyness!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ok, so because its not written down we have cart blanche to make up all manner of outlandish rumours.
Well, there has just been too much murmurs of Green's involvement that I think he has something more than just advisory role. But it's quite naive to believe that just because someone's name is not in the financial report, he can't possibly have a say on matters.

I'm not saying this story is true, though.

Sure, he may have influence. Lots of people may have an influence. I suspect the likes of Terry Leahy have an influence, but there's a big difference between having an influence and blocking a takeover.

Green at heart of Everton battle | This is Money

If anyone can read that and not allow for the probability that Green has his tentacles deep into Everton FC, they must have rocks in their head.

What exactly does that article prove? They imply that the company Earl used to buy his stake in the club has Green behind it somehow, yet havn't even bothered to explore that any futher. It's hardly going to win the Pulitzer is it?

What exactly does that article prove? They imply that the company Earl used to buy his stake in the club has Green behind it somehow, yet havn't even bothered to explore that any futher. It's hardly going to win the Pulitzer is it?

No, it doesn't imply anything of the sort. It emphasises that Earl was put in front of Kenwright and Gregg to resolve the stand off. That's having clout in the affairs of Everton FC. You can see just how much when he was pressed on the Rooney sale.

If you had to bet all you own that Green doesn't pulls strings at EFC I suspect you wouldn't take it up.

Doesn't sound like a sensible bet to me Dave, but then I wouldn't bet all I own on anything. It still remains an enormous step to suggest that he is blocking a takeover of the club. As I've said, I'm sure he does have an influence, he's a well connected man, it would be odd if he didn't make certain things happen but to suggest the things that are being suggested is entering the realm of conspiracy theories.

You can't prove he is, I can't prove he isn't. Becomes a bit of a pissing contest doesn't it?

Doesn't sound like a sensible bet to me Dave, but then I wouldn't bet all I own on anything. It still remains an enormous step to suggest that he is blocking a takeover of the club. As I've said, I'm sure he does have an influence, he's a well connected man, it would be odd if he didn't make certain things happen but to suggest the things that are being suggested is entering the realm of conspiracy theories.

You can't prove he is, I can't prove he isn't. Becomes a bit of a pissing contest doesn't it?

I agree. Nothing can be proven about Green and his personal financial commitment (or otherwise) to EFC. Regardless of the contents of the original post, though, we have enough information freely available (including quotes from Kenwright and Green) to make an educated guess on how embroiled Green is in the club. I dont believe for one minute someone like him would give the type of attention to another business without taking very close order over its affairs (the 'friends with Bill' line is strictly for the birds). No conspiracy, just common sense.

I agree. Nothing can be proven about Green and his personal financial commitment (or otherwise) to EFC. Regardless of the contents of the original post, though, we have enough information freely available (including quotes from Kenwright and Green) to make an educated guess on how embroiled Green is in the club. I dont believe for one minute someone like him would give the type of attention to another business without taking very close order over its affairs (the 'friends with Bill' line is strictly for the birds). No conspiracy, just common sense.
I'd have to agree with you he's a savvy buisness man and they dont often let go of something they've taken an interest in lightly.

I think the important part is the part about loans. Green doesn't have to own a single share to effectively control the club. All he needs to do is to loan so much money to the club that it can't be paid back. He can then effectively tell what the club does or call his loans.

I believe that it was Milken in the 80's, when he was talking to the CEO of a company who owned the majority of the stock, about how he in fact controlled the company.

He said something to the effect of, "You miss one interest payment, and we'll take the company away from you."

Don't remember it exactly but it was in the book Liar's Poker (great read by the way.)

I think you're right. Everyone knows Bill Kenwright and this feller run Everton....

sock_puppet.jpg

That still makes me chuckle mate! ;)

I believe that it was Milken in the 80's, when he was talking to the CEO of a company who owned the majority of the stock, about how he in fact controlled the company.

He said something to the effect of, "You miss one interest payment, and we'll take the company away from you."

Don't remember it exactly but it was in the book Liar's Poker (great read by the way.)[/QUOTE

is that the place that makes the fabric for tennis balls in wigan ?

Makes you wonder why this large share holding isn't published in the annual report then doesn't it? Fairly sure it's illegal for a club to print lies in their annual report.

I have not read the AR so this is purely a guess but...

If he is simply lending the cash with no returns besides the interest being paid by BK and co then its not ownership. However if the owners fail in their repayments ownership is transferred to Green depending on how much coin hes lended to Everton and BK in particular. Much like owning a house I would have thought? I can see how Wyness came to this conclusion as the financial pressures being faced by the club would mean this is always hanging over their heads. That said if this is the case then he is wrong in his statement that Everton can't be sold but with that large debt it doesn't make for an attractive proposition. Also through creative accounting and whatnot it is easy to show that the business is in a better position than it actually is.

But if the debts were to be sold, according to Wyness, then Kenwright would have to take on Greens loan repayments personally, as green won't let it be a part of any sale

Status
Not open for further replies.