Keith Harris appointed to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Enough said...
Orville-the-Duck-speechless.jpg

lol lol lol

Sums it all up, innit lol

Strange appointment. Would rather kenwright had invited another man with a 'unique set of credentials and experience' to the board...David Dein. His credentials and experience speak volumes, even a short term basis to get our stadium relocation over the line, like he did at arsenal.

Isn't he also on the villa board?

Really not sure why we have recruited him. for me, there is currently more than just a whisper that Moshiri may as well be kenwright in a mask at this point. Nothing seems to be changing, same skint everton, same baord members (even worse with elstone and harris there) and no initial signs of progress on the face of it. Educate me all you want about stuff behind the scenes changing but right now, for your average fan like me, where is the proof? Club is debt free? where is the proof? Getting a new stadium, where is the proof?

Bit of an anti board rant there, but just getting on my nerves now, just want something to get better, a stadium is fantastic if it comes off but makes no odds when we have mid table players in the squad for years to come because the board won't / can't spend any money

Another thought, probably me being dim here. but his career is in finance football and the like. Joining club boards and advising them over financial matters right?

What the hell is he a doctor in?

Looks like quite a big board now too, makes you wonder what space is left for anybody being appointed in future on the simple merits of their individual expertise and experience. Harris is a long way off individuals of the calibre of David Dein and Brian Gilvary.

In terms of Moshiri visibly asserting his control over the club, Harris' appointment is a backward step, at a time when many of us are already anxious that Kenwright and Elstone remain in situ.

Perhaps it will not be significant in the long-term but this just makes me feel cynical about Everton. If I was looking to re-assure supporters, then consenting to the appointment of Harris would make no sense to me if I was Moshiri.

It seems to me that Keith Harris is incredibly experienced in negotiations at a number of different levels and with a variety of people. this could be the skill we are looking at utilising. He has lots of contacts in world football and has very recently been successful in carrying out Moshiri's wishes. Could this be the result of the Summers failings?

Everton-cladding-Goodison-Park.jpg

literally papering over the cracks..lol
It's an absolute joke.

Some fella rocks up and we're being told that nothing will ever be the same again.

Next thing, we're selling England's brightest prospects to fund our transfer activity and still end up turning a profit.
Then all the failures that have hung around the club for the past decade like a bad smell are being promoted to board members, whilst the biggest fraud of all, 'I got pissed on in the Boy's Pen' Bill is still a central figure.

This club is doomed to constant failure until we're completely gutted of the lot of the parasites.

Status
Not open for further replies.