Keith Harris appointed to the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

hibbo'sclass

I am the Michaelangelo of misanthropy
Always got the feeling that this guy wasn't much cop at getting investment in.
Seems he worked on Moshiri deatail and corporate finance background.
Educate me please

Dr Harris brings with him an extensive background in football, having held roles as Chairman of the Football League between 2000 and 2002 and Director of Wembley National Stadium, owner of Wembley Stadium, between 2001 and 2007. Through his corporate finance consultancy business, he has advised on the sale and purchase of dozens of clubs, including Chelsea, Crystal Palace, Swansea City, West Ham United, Aston Villa, Fulham, Manchester City and, most recently, the investment into Everton. He also advised Manchester United, Celtic and Tottenham Hotspur for many years.

Outside football, Dr Harris has held senior executive and Board-level roles with a number of Blue Chip organisations in both the UK and USA, including Morgan Grenfell (Deutsche Bank), Drexel Burnham Lambert, Apax Partners, HSBC Investment Bank - as Chief Executive – and Seymour Pierce where he was Chairman and Principal Owner.

not lacking experience

Enough said...
Orville-the-Duck-speechless.jpg

Dave Prentice: Keith Harris – a man whose modus operandi is nothing to write home about

“I’VE got a new buyer for the Reds,” said Seymour Pierce consultant Keith Harris exactly two years ago this week.

He hadn’t.

Two years earlier he declared: “As regards the sale of Everton, there are certainly grounds for optimism. It’s a terrific club.”

We’re still waiting.

There has to be a more efficient way of selling a football club than using a man who immediately makes you think of a duck.

The tale related by the Blue Union’s meeting with Bill Kenwright last week simply underlines that fact.

Here’s a snippet: Bill, “Of course Keith Harris is involved….Keith Harris is involved on a daily basis.

Bill went on to tell a story concerning Keith Harris; he’d put forward two guys who, in his opinion, were suitable potential owners of Everton Football Club.

Harris claimed the two guys controlled a hedge fund; one was the head of ICI in the Far East and a second an inventor.

They conducted due diligence and Everton were ready to sign an agreement when Bill smelt a rat; investigators discovered that ICI had never heard of the person concerned, he actually lived in a one bedroom flat, and the second guy, the inventor, was based in Manchester.

That brings to mind a quote I’ve used on this page before, but it bears repeating. It was uttered by Manchester United chief executive David Gill.

“Keith Harris will go anywhere that there’s a bit of publicity around. That’s his modus operandi, but his track record in football isn’t anything to write home about.”

So why is he still being used by Everton?

This seems to suggest Kenwright is going nowhere as chairman. Not something to suggest the winds of change are blowing through the boardroom. We need people who can bring expertise and fresh thinking, not more of the old boys network. That's not to say we won't get them but my gut reaction here is disappointment.

Dave Prentice: Keith Harris – a man whose modus operandi is nothing to write home about

“I’VE got a new buyer for the Reds,” said Seymour Pierce consultant Keith Harris exactly two years ago this week.

He hadn’t.

Two years earlier he declared: “As regards the sale of Everton, there are certainly grounds for optimism. It’s a terrific club.”

We’re still waiting.

There has to be a more efficient way of selling a football club than using a man who immediately makes you think of a duck.

The tale related by the Blue Union’s meeting with Bill Kenwright last week simply underlines that fact.

Here’s a snippet: Bill, “Of course Keith Harris is involved….Keith Harris is involved on a daily basis.

Bill went on to tell a story concerning Keith Harris; he’d put forward two guys who, in his opinion, were suitable potential owners of Everton Football Club.

Harris claimed the two guys controlled a hedge fund; one was the head of ICI in the Far East and a second an inventor.

They conducted due diligence and Everton were ready to sign an agreement when Bill smelt a rat; investigators discovered that ICI had never heard of the person concerned, he actually lived in a one bedroom flat, and the second guy, the inventor, was based in Manchester.

That brings to mind a quote I’ve used on this page before, but it bears repeating. It was uttered by Manchester United chief executive David Gill.

“Keith Harris will go anywhere that there’s a bit of publicity around. That’s his modus operandi, but his track record in football isn’t anything to write home about.”

So why is he still being used by Everton?
A very strange move and definitely not a good one. Another nail in the coffin, in my opinion, that Moshiri's actually going to be taking us forward in a big way.

At first glance it does somewhat smack of cronyism but I wonder if his football finance experience will be used to drive the new stadium project?

Status
Not open for further replies.