KEIOC Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like what?

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk...-liverpool-s-football-quarter-92534-25892685/

I also attended this meeting......As ever, slightly misreported.

No-one said it would cost £700m or anything even close to that figure to bring GP upto the required capacity. There is a broad range of costings which is dependent on multiple criteria including the level of ambition and quality which should be explored by a full and all-encompassing feasibility study of the site (You know, that thing the club said it had already done before the vote). Also, the presentation massively over-ran since there was other shareholder association business that had to be resolved first, meaning that the meeting wasn't over till almost 11pm (it started at 7:30pm). Very few if any left before the end of the actual stadium/football quarter presentation..... and only Colin Laphlan and his mother questioned the wording of the proposed statement which is being put before the shareholder association committee for submission. The presentation was very much about raising the awareness to the possibilities of a football quarter and a combined effort.... it was generally well received by both the shareholders association committee, members and guests assembled and demonstrated genuine options that need to be considered.

Hole in one?

Behave Dave. I’ll remember that one for your next Kenwright outburst. “He never said that, the media are lying…”

The facts are, KEIOC are proposing a stadium which will cost £700m+, more than the Emirates.

Unfortunately, things have to be paid for. That’s just the way it works. KEIOC have typically shrugged their shoulders and claimed "It’s not about affordability. If we build what is affordable, we don’t build anything"... and then question why Everton don't take them seriously?

Everton Chief Executive Elstone (4th Feb 2010): "We hope, between us, we can create a scheme which, in the first instances, passes our basic test of 'affordability' and, ultimately, becomes a reality.

KEIOC just a couple of weeks later: "It’s not about affordability. If we build what is affordable, we don’t build anything"

Brilliant. So can someone just say, seriously now, why should the club open dialogue with KEIOC when they are saying affordability isn't an issue?, when quite clearly, it is as things need to be paid for.

That's Benitez's A4 Fact sheet you're reading from there. Forget the figures and the report, they're plucked out of the imagination of the Echo cub reporters fantasy world. The lad's only just been weaned off Harry Potter.

Not answering then Dave? Lets see if Tom does.

Not quite sure how they can justify saying "Costs don't matter" when proposing a £700m+ development.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see you have a sense of humour.

Listen.... we're all Evertonians, and I've no intention of falling out with anyone!

My contention is that you've got a bunch of honest blues totally wrong..... and I believe that is clouding some people's judgement of the real issues that haven't gone away!

Anyway.... I was only responding to the thread because I was there for the meeting, and as I've probably already exhausted my welcome. I'll not flog a dead horse, but keep up your debates, and good luck with the forum....

Signing off.

Listen.... we're all Evertonians, and I've no intention of falling out with anyone!

My contention is that you've got a bunch of honest blues totally wrong..... and I believe that is clouding some people's judgement of the real issues that haven't gone away!

Anyway.... I was only responding to the thread because I was there for the meeting, and as I've probably already exhausted my welcome. I'll not flog a dead horse, but keep up your debates, and good luck with the forum....

Signing off.

You dont have to go lid. There's a match on tonight. Join the fun with a bunch of 18 year olds who are spoon fed Everton PR bullshit.

(Note that wasnt you who said that);)

Signing off.

Well you see this is one of the reasons why we can't take KEIOC seriously, and why the club won't listen. You have absolutely no substance, Evertonians or not.

If we've got you wrong it's because you probably don't even know what you stand for or what you want to happen.

Still no presentation.

In my eyes all that KEIOC have done is provided people with a vehicle to sling mud at the club whenever they fail at something.

I'm wondering why, despite GrandOldTeam asking, Tom has never addressed GrandOldTeam's points.

Oh look but Tom is doing really well, batting the corner well and all that"

Carry on.

Tom, TOM?

A lot of people on various forums were disappointed by the Kirkby decision. They were found, as it were, with their internet pants down. To recover their reputations, they now attack any positive suggestion as unaffordable, pie in the sky etc. with a variety of spurious "quotes", figures and rewritten history.

Well, there is only one truth worth repeating on this subject at present: Kirkby Rovers is a dead duck; something needs to take its place.

Concentrating on that and avoiding the faux smart analyses might be a way forward.

Oh ... damn. Forgot to bring in a reference to pineapple. Obviously can't be an Evertonian.

A lot of people on various forums were disappointed by the Kirkby decision. They were found, as it were, with their internet pants down. To recover their reputations, they now attack any positive suggestion as unaffordable, pie in the sky etc. with a variety of spurious "quotes", figures and rewritten history.

Well, there is only one truth worth repeating on this subject at present: Kirkby Rovers is a dead duck; something needs to take its place.

Concentrating on that and avoiding the faux smart analyses might be a way forward.

Oh ... damn. Forgot to bring in a reference to pineapple. Obviously can't be an Evertonian.

True dat playa!b)

If you dislike this site so much, why do you post on it?

I'll answer: you're a stalker who lives in a bedsit.

pfftt

Status
Not open for further replies.