Keeping hold of Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alonso, sami khedira are miles ahead of him in terms of consistency. Felliani has to be the most hyped up player from us fans.

Are you really, really sure about that one mate.

3 starts in the league, 1 red card and Mourinho actually publicly slating Khedira in the loss to Levante.

Sounds dead consistent to me like.

there are more consistent players like M'vila, Tiote, Cabaye, Fletcher, Busquets, mascherano. but none of them are as good as an in-form Fellaini, he needs to hit form now though.

there are more consistent players like M'vila, Tiote, Cabaye, Fletcher, Busquets, mascherano. but none of them are as good as an in-form Fellaini, he needs to hit form now though.

I think he's really trying, but as Zatara said, our safety first, no pace tactics, are really hampering the CM's, and with that oaf Jags behind them aimlessly pumping the ball forward, they have little chance of gaining a foothold. The amount of ground he's covering is superb, and he always wants the ball. He's better than we are as a team right now, I love him as a player, but if I was a neutral I'd advise him to get hell outta dodge.

Is Fellaini one of the best in the world ? No.
Could he be ? Yes.

People need to remember he's only 23, it often takes a few more years of playtime against top teams for a player in his position to really become 'world class'. As with most defense minded positions it's a role which benefits massively from experience, as opposed to just athleticism and natural ability.

What worries me is that teams like Real will have seen what he can become with the right people surrounding him, and that he won't be able to turn down interest from a team like that. Forgetting all the **** with his Dad it is also a big decision for him to make, and i certainly wouldn't begrudge him if he chose to leave and go somewhere which can offer him the chance to play at the highest level.

We don't need him, he needs to be in a team where the midfield is buzzing and creating chances aplenty.

Our play is so stagnant under Moyes, this coupled with the fact that our defence is terrible essentially renders Fellaini's job as an anchorman completley useless.

He'll break up play great and make a simple pass, before somebody in the attack loses it, allowing the other team to break and open up our awful defence, and thus scoring.

He will never suit our play unless he has quick, incisive midfielders running around him and a confident defence; the complete opposite of Rodwell essentially, who is a bumbling idiot on the ball.

It's not like we have a "we'll score more than you" ethos with a 25 a season striker doing the business, he's a defensive mid who we will concede and score with or without.

Don't want to lose Fellani think he is a real talent.

From fellani's point of view I think it's quite obvious that hes holding out until January to see if we show any ambition and sign some players before he makes any commitment to the club.

Don't want to lose Fellani think he is a real talent.

From fellani's point of view I think it's quite obvious that hes holding out until January to see if we show any ambition and sign some players before he makes any commitment to the club.

which won't happen

I said ages ago this contract talk would disappear and go quiet after a month

Status
Not open for further replies.