Keeping hold of Fellaini

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alio

They call me Avocado Baby
So, how do we do it?

marouane-fellaini-001.jpg

What wonderful hair.

More links from Sky and Jo's favourite website - caughtoffside.com, linking him with Madrid this morning.

Spanish giants Real Madrid are keen to bring Everton's midfield star Marouane Fellaini to the Santiago Bernabeu in the summer, according to reports in Spain.

Belgium international Fellaini, 23, is sidelined until the end of the season with an ankle injury, but that has not stopped Real coach Jose Mourinho reportedly enquiring about the midfielder.

Spanish daily As claims Everton have quoted Real €25million (£21.7million) for Fellaini, which would represent an €8million profit for the Merseyside club.

Fellaini joined Everton from Standard Liege in 2008 for a club record £15million (€17million) and his stellar displays have caught the eye of both Madrid and Chelsea.
Real already have a wealth of talent in midfield with Sami Khedira, Lassana Diarra, Xabi Alonso and Mesut Ozil, however, coach Mourinho wants to add some height and creativity with Fellaini fitting the bill.

Not too sure on the creativity bit there Sky, but whatever.....

Is it worthy of a poll? I'm pretty sure everyone wants Fellaini to stay?

How do we keep Afroman here...!

He'll stay here if he wants to be here, lad.

Maybe he wants to win the Champions League in the warm sunshine of Spain? Or maybe he likes Liverpool, the surrounding areas and the club he plays for?

We shall see, would be a massive disappointment but at least we'd get top dollar.

I don't believe for a second he's good enough to break into that team. Though if an offer of £20m or so came in, he'd be off.

I would hope that we'd make a profit of at least 10 mill on the lad in an ideal world but i do feel he'll be off and i suspect we could well see the squad broken up if the right offers came along but i suppose we'll have to wait and see.

If he does go then I hope it's to Madrid, because:

a.) They have money, and spunk it around like no other, so we should be able to get a good price
b.) I wouldn't have to see Felli play against us/in the same league
c.) Felli would be able to go on and do boss things, being at the biggest club in the history of the sport

I do hope -- nay, pray -- that he stays, though.

I don't believe for a second he's good enough to break into that team. Though if an offer of £20m or so came in, he'd be off.

He's a lot more influential than Khedira. He's got more to his game, a bigger presence, and he's the same age. I have no doubt Felli would be able to become a big success with Madrid. With anyone.

Last edited:
I'm with you on all of that RFUS

Yes, ideally, the big man stays, we win the league....blah blah...but if this happened, if it was to anyone, it would be them.

I would take Gago. I doubt he'd join us though

If it was up to me I would not sell him for any price. If wants to go to Real Madrid though it is pointless to stand in his way.

If him and Rodwell go we could end up with a transfer fund of around £40-£50 million (assuming the board would let Moyes use it all!).

I hope no one comes in for Baines!

If it was up to me I would not sell him for any price. If wants to go to Real Madrid though it is pointless to stand in his way.

If him and Rodwell go we could end up with a transfer fund of around £40-£50 million (assuming the board would let Moyes use it all!).

I hope no one comes in for Baines!

He's the one player we can't live without. The one player for which there really is no replacement, either.

I genuinely believe we have the best LB in the world right now. I honestly do. I might go as far as saying he's the best fullback out there. I can't think of any other fullback boasting his level of talent and consistency.

He's certainly one of the best in his position in the league, very good player is Baines.

But Fellaini isn't as good as you are making out, if they are willing to pay £20m as the article says, i'd take it. As i said in the Rodwell thread, anyone who has a few decent games nowadays gets linked with Madrid and Chelsea. Fellaini is a good player, but he's not good enough to be a starter at any top 6 team in the Prem, or at Madrid to be honest. Khedira has been inconsistant there, but Diarra and Gago are very very good at what they do alongside Alonso, plus they have Canales, Granero and Ozil. I don't think theres anything in this particular rumour.

He's the one player we can't live without. The one player for which there really is no replacement, either.

I genuinely believe we have the best LB in the world right now. I honestly do. I might go as far as saying he's the best fullback out there. I can't think of any other fullback boasting his level of talent and consistency.

I thought Man Utd might be sniffing around him but I'm not worried about that now because Evra signed a new deal with them. I don't think Chelsea will be interested because they have Cole. The ruomours of him being linked with RS are laughable. Still Spurs or City could come for him, I think he's got more sense than to go to City but Spurs might tempt him.

What do people think? Will we lose Baines?

What do people think? Will we lose Baines?

I don't think he'd be up for a move abroad. The only Premier League teams that he could get into, that would represent a career step up for him are Spurs and Liverpool, but if he's a blue he'd never go there, and i don't think Spurs would spend £15m on him when they are in dire need of centre halves and strikers. Assou Ekotto is solid enough for them and both Kaboul and Bale can play there too.

I think he'll stay here, he doesn't seem like a career driven player, he just seems content to stay in his comfort zone and enjoy his Football, which is great for us.

Last edited by a moderator:
If Madrid would push for a move he's gone.. It'd be a case of how much we could get for him and would it get spent on the team

:(

I also think he'd go if Real offered anything over 20mill.

Also I'd send Baines flowers everyday if he stay......everyday of his career....

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.