Keepers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

a whole wheel of cheese?
Kasper Schmeical anyone?

He's just turned down 2m a year pay deal, but is he better than Turner or Ruddy?

I personally think he'd be a great signing and will flourish in 2-3 years, perfect timing and backup for Howard.

On the other hand Turner and Ruddy ain't that bad, just inexperienced. Do you think Moyes will opt for one of those 2 rather than an experienced backup?

turned down 2 million a year?

when you say it like that!

bloody hell, a reserve keeper for city turning down that sort of money.

turned down 2 million a year?

when you say it like that!

bloody hell, a reserve keeper for city turning down that sort of money.

Its about £40k a week, could we justify paying a reserve keeper that kind of cash? Wouldnt mind him as a back up but its an awful lot and if hes turned it down cos its not enough then I think its a serious no go

Surprised nobody's gone in for Joe Lewis from Peterborough. Was good enough to get a call-up (for a pointless friendly) and surely they couldn't hold out for much of an offer.

get Wayne Hennessey of Wolves to push Howard to the limit. No reason not to have two quality keepers battling it out.

I dont think we need a new keeper right now, I think it would be a complete waste of time if the club chose to pursue that route.

How many games is Howards likely to miss? And are the other two that bad that they cant step in when needed? If the worst case scenario happened and Howard picked up a long term injury then we can always look for someone in the next transfer window.

I dont think we need a new keeper right now, I think it would be a complete waste of time if the club chose to pursue that route.

How many games is Howards likely to miss? And are the other two that bad that they cant step in when needed? If the worst case scenario happened and Howard picked up a long term injury then we can always look for someone in the next transfer window.

I agree. Both Turner and Ruddy have done well when loaned out, yet we want to replace them with other keepers that have done well in the lower leagues. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

I watched Kasper several matches last year and thought he was decent.

I don't think he'd want to come here mainly as he would be the backup and we wouldn't pay him what he wants.

I agree. Both Turner and Ruddy have done well when loaned out, yet we want to replace them with other keepers that have done well in the lower leagues. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.
I agree Turner had one poor game and deserves another chance any player can have a off day.;)

if moyes doesn't think either turner or ruddy are yet good enough to cover for howard, i'd have thought their time must be running out to prove themselves. the only reason i could see for wanting a 4th 'keeper is if he wants someone to come in with european experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.