Just how far behind the top four are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We did it under Moyes, Leicester went the whole way. Nothing is impossible when you get on a good run and keep winning. Are we better quality wise than the 13 other teams in this league? I’d like to think so. Are we capable of beating the top 6 at home? We have done regularly in the past. What is to stop us then from being very consistent against the bottom 13, picking up some wins against the top 6 and coming out with a competitive points total that might ruffle some of the teams at that bottom group of 6? Nothing in my view.
Our own mistakes aka Jagielka aka not a single person marking Ings in the 6 yard box.

Years of chaos and mismanagement?

Spurs has the same before Pochettino. Leicester has been in a relegation scrap. I’m not saying the conditions at Everton point to an imminent top 4 finish but I have a feeling we might be closer than people expect this season. The window has been very good and the performance even with ten men against Wolves showed that we have the quality up top to hurt teams in this league.

Spurs has the same before Pochettino. Leicester has been in a relegation scrap. I’m not saying the conditions at Everton point to an imminent top 4 finish but I have a feeling we might be closer than people expect this season. The window has been very good and the performance even with ten men against Wolves showed that we have the quality up top to hurt teams in this league.

On paper it’s looked a very good window mate, but we won’t know how good until the players we brought in start playing, apart from Richarlison who has looked boss, we don’t know what we’ll get from the other signings.

There’s only TOP 3 this season, the rest of them are beatable. At least no way we will bend over like last season.

I'm excited about our prospects this year; win the next couple of games and we'll be on our way to a top six finish (top four is at least another season away). The quality simply isn't there in every position and that takes time plus they need to gel as a team. Happy to be proven wrong.

It's about time we won that bloody league cup - let's start there.

We are a bit off the top 4 sadly.But it seems that we have a good management structure finally in place, and hopefully we will close the gap between us and the elite sides this season.If we can get a good run of form going, then i think we can finish in the top 6.Then again another poster (i forget who it was) said a few days ago, 12th place and a trophy will do fine.lol But yeah at the moment we have a lot of catching up to do, with regards to the top four.The latter end of the Martinez era, and the ill fated spending spree last summer under Koeman, have caused serious damage in that regard.

On paper it’s looked a very good window mate, but we won’t know how good until the players we brought in start playing, apart from Richarlison who has looked boss, we don’t know what we’ll get from the other signings.

We could make an argument for saying the whole front four is new. Tosun and Walcott only came in for the last couple of months and never really got up to speed especially in Allardyce’s team. Siggurdson was out of position or injured for a lot of the campaign. We’re now attacking in a completely different way than we did last season. There could even be an argument that Baines and Coleman were never fully fit and in form last season either. I agree with you that we won’t know what the new signings will add to the group but I think we’re going from a strong base anyway currently. Silva seems to be raising the game of everyone in the 11 so suddenly players like Gueye Schneiderlin Holgate Keane are playing well too.

We did it under Moyes, Leicester went the whole way. Nothing is impossible when you get on a good run and keep winning. Are we better quality wise than the 13 other teams in this league? I’d like to think so. Are we capable of beating the top 6 at home? We have done regularly in the past. What is to stop us then from being very consistent against the bottom 13, picking up some wins against the top 6 and coming out with a competitive points total that might ruffle some of the teams at that bottom group of 6? Nothing in my view.
For me, it depends on HOW good Richarlison actually is. If he comes up big like a Bale or a Christiano, it’s a lot more possible than we think. Is he as good as we hope he is?

Status
Not open for further replies.