Just how far behind the top four are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upper gaz

Player Valuation: £750k
How can we get anywhere near the top clubs in the Premiership? How much has it cost Man City? RS always find a way, Chelsea spent massive money, Man U will always attract players. Spurs/Arsenal always attract the major players (London). So how do we break this trend? 30 40 50 million pound players are not enough now so what can we do?

I think it's the style of play and how to dominate games, Big money signings make that easier to achieve but if you get a system going that works with the players you have it can take you miles, Liverpool went to top 4 material just by having 3 pacey forwards and making it work.

No offence intended towards Cenk Tosun, but we need a class striker before we can realistically start thinking about an assault on the top 4.

Spurs are fortunate in that Kane blossomed while at the club. Our only hope of obtaining a top 4 striker is if Silva and Brands find a hidden gem somewhere who also blossoms.

I am quietly confident that we will aquire that hidden gem.

1534809468396.png

Well I reckon if we pick up enough points on the road we might be able to overtake the mighty Watford.

Far too early to be talking about top 6, let alone top 4.

Energy on the pitch and belief off it will go along way. We have been fractured for too long.

We have had 3 stagnant seasons of turmoil.

It will take time to gel a side but with a clear plan we can get there eventually.

Spurs the RS and City all took 12 months plus to implement a system under their current managers. I remember after we beat Guardiola 4-0 that he said post match he had learned a lot from the game.

That is the hope for this season. That we establish a clear way of playing that is befitting of this club and that we continue to build a vibrant attacking side.

Status
Not open for further replies.