Transfer Rumour Joshua Zirkzee

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he's chosen Parma it tells you all you need to know, he doesn't wanna come and fight DCL for a slot, fight for Europe, play for one or the best mangers on the world.

Rather just go and play Everyweek for relegation fodder.

If I were his agent, I'd be very concerned about the risk of Parma picking up the option to buy even if they get relegated. The reports suggests it would happen at a bargain price for a player that should clean up in Serie B.

The flip side is that he isn't going to get anything approaching the minutes and exposure he could get there if he comes into our squad behind DCL. It's the same basic problem we ran into with Kean.

Barry Sanders had that problem at OK State - it didn't matter how well he played in practice. He wasn't displacing a Hall of Famer in Thurman Thomas. A coach would be crazy to replace the proven commodity, even if Sanders turned out to win the Heisman going away.

So Zirkzee knows that if he comes here, he's basically biding his time until the next DCL injury and then he gets one shot. I can see how that's not attractive to him or his agent.

If I were his agent, I'd be very concerned about the risk of Parma picking up the option to buy even if they get relegated. The reports suggests it would happen at a bargain price for a player that should clean up in Serie B.

The flip side is that he isn't going to get anything approaching the minutes and exposure he could get there if he comes into our squad behind DCL. It's the same basic problem we ran into with Kean.

Barry Sanders had that problem at OK State - it didn't matter how well he played in practice. He wasn't displacing a Hall of Famer in Thurman Thomas. A coach would be crazy to replace the proven commodity, even if Sanders turned out to win the Heisman going away.

So Zirkzee knows that if he comes here, he's basically biding his time until the next DCL injury and then he gets one shot. I can see how that's not attractive to him or his agent.
It would be an option to but so zirkee could always not sign through his choice.

I'd like to see Edouard join, i think Celtic could be tempted now, they have giving up on this season, especially after selling Frimpong to Leverkeusen. Can't believe they got that amount for him.

Only problem is the fans will probably burn down Parkhead so it might not be the most wise decision on there behalf.

...I doubt Zirkzee joining Parma would be much to do with him getting more game time. If that was the case he wouldn’t have chosen Bayern over us. I think ithe stories of us not bidding are likely to be more accurate.
Fab has only said we were in talks and didnt lodge an official bid as well. Think Brands just has a limit and if 15m is now the option, rather than 10m, then thats a what, 50% increase than the initial reported 10m?.

Also, he was younger, game time is important but to a young lad Bayern is a huge drawer over Everton (rightfully so), so I dont think his other move has anything inparticular. He's older now and probably wants to be playing regularly (and needs to for his own sake). at 16 he'd have been buzzing to be a part of bayern's 2nd team anyway or even near the bench. Now not so much I guess? Personally I think Brands has had a limit on what he'd go to, they've gone past it, he says if the player really wants Everton then he'll push for us,otherwise he goes to Parma.

I can understand him choosing Parma if he just wants to ensure he's on the pitch each game. He'd almost certainly get more money from us as well, so fair play to him if he just wants to play.

What is he like? Poacher? Involved in build up? Pacey?
Missed this. Build up, comes back to the ball well, first touch isn't always perfect, but can distribute, play players through. Not sure he can hold off a strong CB, but he can get in between the lines and pull them away. Has a decent first time shot, too. Good athlete, though. Can press well in defense and can actually turn and run with the ball a bit in possession. Super calm player. Not sure he'd help a ton right away, but he could get a lot better.

It's a bit of a myth that really. Spurs have had no problem getting in decent (or at least supposedly decent) players to come in in that position. Janssen failed but he was a high profile player when they got him, Llorente was obviously good, and now Vinicius has come to them after scoring a shedload in Portugal. The PL is a big draw, a lot of players would happily jump at trading being a first choice elsewhere for a squad player in the PL.

Nowhere near the same quality though.

And we will probably have a similar issue with DCL over the coming years.

Nowhere near the same quality though.

And we will probably have a similar issue with DCL over the coming years.
Well they're not the same quality as Kane, obviously. The chances of having two of the worlds best strikers playing for Spurs would be fanciful even if they played them both at the same time. That was never the point though was it. It's really not a unique situation for a club to have a good player in a particular position, i'm not sure why people make out like it's some sort of major issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.