Transfer Rumour Joshua Zirkzee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which is why we need to go for a Dzeko/Giroud/King type in their late 20's to 30's who's happy being a bit part player.

Some wont like that but thats the reality.
I think the ideal scenario is to have an experienced head like that who can act as Plan B and occasional cover for our main striker, and have a couple of raw, young talents who can benefit from training alongside them. Any young striker (especially an aspiring no.9) would learn a lot from Giroud, but unfortunately he’s never coming to us unless he gets a divorce.

I dont.

if Fab Romano says Parma are leading and pushing then it's true. It is what it is, we cant gurantee starting every game, Parma can as they're desperate. Issue is what happens if Parma still go down, does their clause get cancelled. I'd hate it if we went back in for him after turning us down.

Lets see.
It wouldn't make Romano wrong though. Nowhere in that tweet does he say Zirkzee is pushing for a move to Parma because he wants first team football, thats's just what people have decided. In a previous tweet he said the player was happy with both clubs, it was up to them to sort a deal with Bayern. I'd be inclined to agree that it sounds like Parma are more willing to push the boat out for a player they want to start than we are for a player we see as a project.

It wouldn't make Romano wrong though. Nowhere in that tweet does he say Zirkzee is pushing for a move to Parma because he wants first team football, thats's just what people have decided. In a previous tweet he said the player was happy with both clubs, it was up to them to sort a deal with Bayern. I'd be inclined to agree that it sounds like Parma are more willing to push the boat out for a player they want to start than we are for a player we see as a project.

I was just referencing someone saying that we're being messed around by Bayern when FR has said we are in for him, but Parma seem to be pushing more. FR saying we're genuinely in for him tells me we aren't being used by bayern or anything.

It's a tough one for the lad, cause he'll be desperate to play hence leaving Bayern, but Parma may soon be relegated and how long would he have to wait before getting proper minutes with us? I'd like to think DCL can't do every minute so he'd get plenty of time (we're desperate for a striker).

Who knows, I could understand him going to parma for the game time if he isn't tied there if they go down. Could also understand thej attraction of top 5 premier league, Carlo Ancelotti..

I was just referencing someone saying that we're being messed around by Bayern when FR has said we are in for him, but Parma seem to be pushing more. FR saying we're genuinely in for him tells me we aren't being used by bayern or anything.

It's a tough one for the lad, cause he'll be desperate to play hence leaving Bayern, but Parma may soon be relegated and how long would he have to wait before getting proper minutes with us? I'd like to think DCL can't do every minute so he'd get plenty of time (we're desperate for a striker).

Who knows, I could understand him going to parma for the game time if he isn't tied there if they go down. Could also understand thej attraction of top 5 premier league, Carlo Ancelotti..
I don't think he was saying Bayern are pretending we're interested. He was saying that he doesn't believe it's the player preferring Parma, he believes its that we won't pay Bayern as much as much as they will.

Which is why we need to go for a Dzeko/Giroud/King type in their late 20's to 30's who's happy being a bit part player.

Some wont like that but thats the reality.

....first, we need a player that suits how we play. Ancelotti has been quoted as saying he wants a counter-attacking striker which hardly fits Dzeko & Giroud. Second, buying only players who are happy being bit part is not the way to go. You buy players you want and you use them how you want.

....first, we need a player that suits how we play. Ancelotti has been quoted as saying he wants a counter-attacking striker which hardly fits Dzeko & Giroud. Second, buying only players who are happy being bit part is not the way to go. You buy players you want and you use them how you want.

Problem is mate unless you have Europe or are a top 6 side its very difficult bringing in players who are top quality/young enough to be happy playing 10 minutes a week off the bench.

Problem is mate unless you have Europe or are a top 6 side its very difficult bringing in players who are top quality/young enough to be happy playing 10 minutes a week off the bench.

....they are professionals who genuinely believe they can break into the team. It’s competition for places. They are handsomely rewarded to use as the manager sees fit.

I think too much is made of playing in Europe, they can go to Rangers and be guaranteed every season. Everton are a club who players will see as having a strong chance of playing EL next season and in future.

If he's chosen Parma it tells you all you need to know, he doesn't wanna come and fight DCL for a slot, fight for Europe, play for one or the best mangers on the world.

Rather just go and play Everyweek for relegation fodder.

Playing every week should be more important to a young player than coming to a club that will give him fewer starts and aren't even guaranteed to end up signing him after the loan spell expires... thus potentially resulting in a wasted loan spell/few months. At Parma at least he is guaranteed regular game time... at Everton he's not guaranteed of anything.

No shame in younger players choosing playing time over a bigger club

If he's chosen Parma it tells you all you need to know, he doesn't wanna come and fight DCL for a slot, fight for Europe, play for one or the best mangers on the world.

Rather just go and play Everyweek for relegation fodder.

It’s a loan deal, he probably wants to play as many games as possible. Parma have probably guaranteed him game time, we can’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.