2020/21 Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.
We only added him for 6 months. He was needed in case both DCL and Richarlison got injured. This could have happened and people would have been up in arms. My only complaint is perhaps he could have been used a little more from the bench or maybe started an odd game when James was unavailable.
Good points, has King been used for more than twenty minutes in a game, I haven’t got a clue if he is good, bad or indifferent because he hasn’t been used enough to have a decent opinion of him.

Good points, has King been used for more than twenty minutes in a game, I haven’t got a clue if he is good, bad or indifferent because he hasn’t been used enough to have a decent opinion of him.
You are right of course but I've not been impressed with what little I've seen.
At the very least you would expect him to show some passion and urgency when he gets on.

Minutes played:

v Leeds - 3 minutes

v Man U - 9 minutes

v Fulham - 34 minutes

v Man City - 21 minutes

v Southampton - 1 minute

v West Brom - 6 minutes

v Chelsea - 20 minutes

v Burnley - 24 minutes

v Spurs - 6 minutes

v Aston Villa - 8 minutes

v West Ham - 6 minutes
Thanks for that, I make it just over two hours in eleven games, or much less than two full games.

You are right of course but I've not been impressed with what little I've seen.
At the very least you would expect him to show some passion and urgency when he gets on.
Fair enough Jazz, but in seven of those games he got less than ten minutes, I’d say it takes at least four or five minutes just to get into the game.

Still not writing him off, 4 games left, if he can score/assist 2 or 3 goals in that time it will go a long way.

He was very unlucky not to score against West Ham, likely would have went in off the post or off the West Ham defender's body had he not handled it, or at the very least his effort should have won us a pen.

It was a very positive run and pressuring that made the chance to begin with, granted I like others on here thought he looked disproportionately gassed after 15 mins.

We'll have to see, he's a different kind of forward and I like having different options.

Status
Not open for further replies.