Confirmed Signing Josh King

Status
Not open for further replies.

...I genuinely like the fact he’s scored a few in Gwladys St. It might sound daft, but it’s amazing how players continually score on the same grounds and even in the same end.

I remember thinking the same about Bolasie!

On the goals though (and with the obvious cavaet that highlights videos make a player look better) but he has a wide variety of goals. Gets himself in and gets some scruffy goals, but also some decent finishes in there too.

Happy to have him - he's a very good option, cover for injuries / suspensions, rotate in as needed, someone to come off the bench and liven things up - always seems a willing runner and gets involved in play and brings others in and can finish. It's a much needed upgrade on our squad forward options if not the kind of signing we dream of. Get Allan back and we're suddenly looking stronger in depth than we were before. Looking forward to see how Gordon develops now too.

The boring stat i'm seeing is

"12 Championship games and 0 goals"

He's played 8, 5, 22, 10 and 24 minutes in 5 of those games. Played 45 mins twice too, so the reality is, he didn't want to be in the Championship and they've used alternate players.
Stats are very easily to manipulate.

You'd imagine Richarlison would move to the middle if DCL gets injured with Bernard replacing him on the flank, so King is going to be down the pecking order or supporting from the bench. Just hope we don't get too many injuries in the attacking areas as we're already resorting to grinding out wins as it is. The attacking sexiness of the first few games has kinda gone.
Distinctly possible. However, without King this would be our ONLY option.

With King we now have some alternatives:

LW: Richarlison, ST: King
LW: Bernard, ST: King
LW: King, ST: Richarlison
LW: King, ST: Calvert-Lewin

He's positionally more versatile than Tosun, and has more pace. We have better depth and more flexibility now than before Tosun left.

I remember thinking the same about Bolasie!

On the goals though (and with the obvious cavaet that highlights videos make a player look better) but he has a wide variety of goals. Gets himself in and gets some scruffy goals, but also some decent finishes in there too.
only 1 headed goal ?

never an Everton player lol

Seriously though, the number of one touch finishes there would have impressed Carlo

Transfermarkt has him listed as 187cm, which is just shy of 6'2"

The same site has DCL as exactly the same height - both are taller, apparently, than Pickford.
The Premier League has him listed 180 cm. His old club listed him 189cm.

Lol his height is like a mystery.

Never been a big fan and was originally against signing him this window. However, given the options, I'm happy with a short term deal and I'll give him my full support whenever he dons the blue shirt.

I've said in the squad thread that we now have a better balanced squad than we did at the start of the window, which has to be viewed as a positive, albeit a minor one. He certainly offers more that Tosun as a replacement for DCL and offers more goal threat than Iwobi on the right of a more tradition front 3.

People have oft spoke of his fantastic pace on here, which is something I've not noticed in the past. But if true, he could prove to be a big asset for the second half of the season. If he does well an earns himself an extension to the 6 month contract, then I'll hold my hands up. Assuming we get European football next year we'll need a bigger squad anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.