Jose Baxter???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Materazzi?

Yeah he did well didn't he. [Poor language removed] loved Materazzi, took no [Poor language removed] from no one, and managed to get the greatest player of our era sent off in his last ever game for France, and in a World Cup final of all games.

Anyone else? I suppose McBride, but then we never sold him.

Yeah he did well didn't he. [Poor language removed] loved Materazzi, took no [Poor language removed] from no one, and managed to get the greatest player of our era sent off in his last ever game for France, and in a World Cup final of all games.

Anyone else? I suppose McBride, but then we never sold him.

I still think that we should have tried to keep hold of Ferrari and Dacourt was class.

Sorry mate but I can't agree with that attitude, I would expect the club now to keep their talent rather than being a selling club, which is something we have not been now for 2 or 3 years - since Rooney I can't think of a single player we have sold who has gone on to be more successful, actually for that matter I can't think of a player before Rooney who has gone on to be more successful.

Keown perhaps?

i think gravesen has been involved in winning 3 cups since leaving us for madrid.

and the most succesfull i think was martin keown before that.

I still think that we should have tried to keep hold of Ferrari and Dacourt was class.

you jusr reminded me , i read the other day that ferrari has turned down a contract from his club as he wants to leave .
he only has 12 months left so could be sold on the cheap.

id wouldnt be dissapointed if he came back.

Sorry mate but I can't agree with that attitude?
I think you understood me wrong. I'm not saying that if he signs for us and turns out good we should sell him. I'm saying that I would happily take 15m over nothing. The nothing is what I'm really afraid of.

fair enough. My point is though that I would rather have the player than the money, because if we are losing players for that value it means that we can't compete - and I don't think we are like that anymore, and if we want to improve we need to maintain our squad and keep the best players for us. You can't put a price on young talent.

I think the trick with Jose (pronounced Jose, not HO-Say, the kid's from Bootle) is to not get too excited. He's a red, but he wants to stay - fair enough. He won't get in the first team next year (barring an injury spate - which you can never rule out with us), but he should be in and around the reserves a lot more, playing a higher level than last year. Hopefully he will score some goals for the reserves, and push for a spot in the squad for cup games etc.

One hope is he dose what Carra did he was a blue played for their kids teams then joined us but missed his mates and went back so maybe Jose will want to play with his mates rather than start from scratch but money makes funny things happen like with Shrek;)

Status
Not open for further replies.