2023/24 Jordan Pickford

Not a massive fan of Pickford….
His is not a World class keeper
He is not a terrible keeper

He for me is a half decent keeper

So we get a mixture of great saves and mistakes

Fits the Everton bill perfect

Not much Pickford could do seeing it back, Tarkowski has left him and tried to pass it on to Patterson, why you’d leave a 6ft 5 striker unmarked without checking, I have no idea. Brilliant save aswell second half.. again, Shame about the players infront. How many times are we going to say this. Get out Jordan while you can. It’s only going to go one way!!

Not much Pickford could do seeing it back, Tarkowski has left him and tried to pass it on to Patterson, why you’d leave a 6ft 5 striker unmarked without checking, I have no idea. Brilliant save aswell second half.. again, Shame about the players infront. How many times are we going to say this. Get out Jordan while you can. It’s only going to go one way!!
There is no doubting he should be claiming that ball, it’s pretty basic stuff

Just goes to prove he is just a decent keeper

As for leaving I don’t see any clubs queuing up for him..so maybe he has found his level at us

There is no doubting he should be claiming that ball, it’s pretty basic stuff

Just goes to prove he is just a decent keeper

As for leaving I don’t see any clubs queuing up for him..so maybe he has found his level at us
If he's just a decent keeper, we're punching above our weight, because we're a horrendous football club.

Get Big Nev in to teach him about owning your 6 yard box and pen area. Nev wasnt the biggest or tallest but when that ball went into the box everyone else was trespassing on his land. And he dealt with them. And as the shocking decision against fulham shows. Just come out and clout the forward and you'll get the foul.
Mind you this is Everton. Probably get a red card and goal stands

Needs to re-focus and quick as he has had a poor start to the season, I know others have but hes a big player for us.

That he looks scared at crosses brings a disconnect with the defence, that relationship is pretty key and we are seeing it breakdown too often.

Felt for him yesterday young needs to stop cross first thing tarky sinks to deep in the box gives him no room to come out

The chances of saving that from such close range are very slim. Unless its straight at him and hit him. Always come out and give the ref a decision of a foul. He's stepping backwards as the cross came in. Should have been forward taking everyone in front of him out.
Poor goal all round i agree. Gave the crosser far to much time to line up that cross like a tee shot.

He is a brilliant shot stopper; that was a world class save a few minutes earlier, but he has never commanded his box or come for crosses.

It’s a obvious thing to say but if he comes out for crosses he relieves a lot of pressure on thee defence and stops a lot of second balls dropping around the box. Look at Sa down the other end.

Tim Howard used to get leathered for staying on his line as well if I remember right.