2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.

Really bad. Caused us so many problems with brain-dead passing.

Easy 15 yard passes on and he's walloping aots.

Can't believe he's the captain. Dense.
He was captain almost for a cert because it was his 200th game, he made the mistake on the offside goal, but other than that - he did nothing wrong for me, not that i can actually remember

Seemed a bit rusty today. Needs to think about his kicking as well. Flat trajectory fired at pace towards our fragile attackers doesn't work.

He was captain almost for a cert because it was his 200th game, he made the mistake on the offside goal, but other than that - he did nothing wrong for me, not that i can actually remember

I thought he was poor today RM, could have cost us a 2nd when he dallied on the ball and Pulisic took it off him.

Didn't look confident on corners, distribution poor and didn't cover himself in glory for the Godfrey injury.

All in all not a solid performance imo

He was captain almost for a cert because it was his 200th game
I hope that’s the case. I’m not sure giving him the armband on a regular basis is the way forward. Looked a bit like he did two years ago, flapping a bit and appeared unsettled. I couldn’t put my finger on why until I clocked he was the captain.

200 games, nice one JP. Give Tarkowski the armband and get back to doing the day job well. ??

Seemed a bit rusty today. Needs to think about his kicking as well. Flat trajectory fired at pace towards our fragile attackers doesn't work.
I think he was finding distribution hard today without looking up to aim at DCL. Made him think too much and dither on the ball a few times trying to find an outlet

He’s a top level keeper, probably top 20 in the world but he really was a tit today.

Sometimes putting the ball out for a corner is the sensible option. Don’t always try to be a hero.

I think I need to accept that he is an enigma. He will do things that other goalies just can't, some blinding saves to keep us in games last year, and his distribution is far better than most other keepers, but he has an erraticness that still makes me nervous, I do wonder whether those mindless moments are worth all the good he gives us, or whether a less talented but steadier Eddie would be more palatable.

My god man. He had nothing to hit. From what people said last season to this today. It’s the first game of the season, no one was bad imo. We lacked a centre forward that’s the be all and end all. No one to hit, no one with that instinct infront of goal. Our fans are so fickle at times. Guy saves us last season, now getting ridiculous comments today. Honestly it’s stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.