2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have sold him a weak link IMO he just can't control his box - that Godfrey incident sums him up, the ball was 3 feet over the line for a corner .... FGS.... Schoolboy error
I honestly dont see what he did wrong.

The defender made a bad back pass, he ran to try and save the corner, the ball was out of play, at that point the linesman or the ref should have stopped play.

What did you expect him to do? Just stand there scratching his arse?

His clearance wasnt great, but you seem to be indirectly blaming him for Godfrey getting injured.

The defender made a bad back pass, he ran to try and save the corner, the ball was out of play, at that point the linesman or the ref should have stopped play.

His clearance wasnt great, but you seem to be indirectly blaming him for Godfrey getting injured.
It was miles out he would have known it alarmingly he kicked to their player - end of + crap keeping - I bet Godfrey loves him with a broken leg - dont blame the officials blame him .....

It was miles out he would have known it alarmingly he kicked to their player - end of + crap keeping - I bet Godfrey loves him with a broken leg - dont blame the officials blame him .....
So we shouldnt blame the officals for missing the ball being a good 3 yards out of play?
Or Godfrey for a bad back pass?

We, checks notes, blame Pickford for doing his job?

He would only have realised it was going out about a second before he kicked it. Officials at PL level should really be able to see a ball go so far over the byline. And Pickford should obviously try to avoid conceding a corner as well. So I don't see what he did wrong.

So we shouldnt blame the officals for missing the ball being a good 3 yards out of play?
Or Godfrey for a bad back pass?

We, checks notes, blame Pickford for doing his job?
Doing his balls up as per you mean - any keeper would have known that ball was way over the touchline, plus his clearance back to a Chelsea player FGS your clutching straws please dont defend the indefensible ....Pickford's fault, he saw the ball way over the line ....

He can't control his box - just a shot stopper end of - sell

He did nothing wrong...he tried to keep a terrible back pass from going out for a corner, then Godfrey steamed in like a maniac.

what playing a ball when it was dead - out of play because of Pickford - it was a bad back pass - just for a corner not a broken leg .....
His own terrible back pass led to the incident, Pickford tried to keep it in- failed. The Linesman should have flagged for a corner. He didn't, Godfrey tackled like a tosspot and fractured his leg. Far more Ben's fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.