2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't imagine that if I was a defender ( good job for Everton that I'm not ) that he would inspire me with confidence.

He can't command his area , he is erratic but will then pull off a worldie.

Three shocking mistakes yesterday. Can't understand why he tried so hard to stop a ball going out for a corner only to have the ball fall to a Chelsea player close to goal. Lucky for us he didn't prevent the corner. Very poor dealing with the shot that rebounded off him for Sterling's offside goal. Then losing the ball late on way outside his penalty area. How long more will we have to put up with this car crash of a keeper?

I don't like goalkeepers being captains. I'd rather have an outward player as skipper to cajole, encourage and, where necessary, question the referee regards decisions. I know Pickford likes spending time well out of his box (mores the pity), but he's too far from the action to get the armband. He's also way too erratic and far from being a good example. We do have a player who ticks all the boxes though, as he's a newbie, its a question of maybe next time for Tarkowski.

What’s going on here then?

The injury to Godfrey is a freak one. It’s the first game of the season, people can be a bit rusty.

Was amazing last year, and long May it continue.

I thought he was poor today RM, could have cost us a 2nd when he dallied on the ball and Pulisic took it off him.

Didn't look confident on corners, distribution poor and didn't cover himself in glory for the Godfrey injury.

All in all not a solid performance imo
He never looks confident on corners does he? I can't think of a time where he hasn't punched a corner away but caught it instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.