2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tad of an exaggeration, it wasn’t right in the corner though, will give you that. It was fired in low and right down at his feet though, any goalie will tell you they’re the most difficult shots to save.
They're a lot easier to save when your positioning is sound.

He's still having a really strong year but yesterday is why I just don't believe all the way yet.

I thought he was poor for both goals, made the decision for both strikers to hit them early.

He has games like yesterday though, twitchy, creating panic when there's no need, poor distribution, hanging onto the ball for far too long...

all round a crap performance by him.

It happens. He'll have games where he certainly saves us a point or wins us 3 that's for sure and he's got credit in the bank with me until the year 2035 after the double save against Chelsea last season :)
Looking to protect that thigh muscle for England duty.

I doubt we'll see too much long down field kicking this side of the world cup.

They're a lot easier to save when your positioning is sound.

He's still having a really strong year but yesterday is why I just don't believe all the way yet.
Give CR7 a shot from there and he scores a lot of the time, good finish by a great finisher. Can pick holes in the goalie but I’m not seeing a major error.

Give CR7 a shot from there and he scores a lot of the time, good finish by a great finisher. Can pick holes in the goalie but I’m not seeing a major error.
It really wasn't that great a position to shoot. It was made better because the keeper was out too far meaning a well struck shot beats his reflexes.

No it isn't a major error but it is a consistent issue in his game.

Tad of an exaggeration, it wasn’t right in the corner though, will give you that. It was fired in low and right down at his feet though, any goalie will tell you they’re the most difficult shots to save.
Why didn't he just use his feet to save it? The ball was a lot closer to his feet than his hands.

View attachment 186658

Totally on him for this goal; there’s no need to be that far out from the position of Ronaldo, especially with Coady there as well

I think that makes it clear really. Ronaldo is probably less likely to take the shot on if he is back closer to his line.

Then on the first one, I'd have to see it again but I thought it wouldve made more sense to be a few steps off the line than coming directly out to the ball.

To be fair tho, he has been very good for a while and this was a stand out poor game in a fair run. Also one other thing, perhaps he didn't trust Coleman would get back fast enough to at least make Ronaldo think so thought he was going to be dealing with a clean one on one? Then was too late to readjust?

I think that makes it clear really. Ronaldo is probably less likely to take the shot on if he is back closer to his line.

Then on the first one, I'd have to see it again but I thought it wouldve made more sense to be a few steps off the line than coming directly out to the ball.

To be fair tho, he has been very good for a while and this was a stand out poor game in a fair run. Also one other thing, perhaps he didn't trust Coleman would get back fast enough to at least make Ronaldo think so thought he was going to be dealing with a clean one on one? Then was too late to readjust?
Indeed, he’s been pretty solid for 18 months now and has been one of our better performers. Nothing wrong with calling him when he drops a bollock, just hope it’s out his system now

Status
Not open for further replies.