2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've been on this site for as long as I have and are definitely an Evertonian, so I'm fairly sure you have heard of Neville Southall? Would you say to him that he isn't a footballer?
He's a GK. A very good one. An exceptional one. But still a GK.

I’m ready to go
images

Sorry to butt in, but why is the relevant?
Someone else brought the issue up. They said that GKs are ordinary players and I said that they aren't players at all. I said that Pickford has been encouraged to become a hybrid GK-outfield player in order to distribute the ball and that this has got him into trouble with this injury. That thigh problem is a repetitive stress injury, not an impact injury.

I think we'll see an end to that tactic now given we have players who can distribute out from the back.

Someone else brought the issue up. They said that GKs are ordinary players and I said that they aren't players at all. I said that Pickford has been encouraged to become a hybrid GK-outfield player in order to distribute the ball and that this has got him into trouble with this injury. That thigh problem is a repetitive stress injury, not an impact injury.

I think we'll see an end to that tactic now given we have players who can distribute out from the back.
Have you ever considered becoming an author of fantasy books Dave? Your imagination could put George RR Martin to shame!

Have you ever considered becoming an author of fantasy books Dave? Your imagination could put George RR Martin to shame!
How is it fantasy to suggest all his long down field kicking in games and training has contributed to a repetitive stress injury?

That's just daft.

How is it fantasy to suggest all his long down field kicking in games and training has contributed to a repetitive stress injury?

That's just daft.

…..he kicks the ball ‘violently’, rather than pings it sweetly. I imagine that velocity caused the thigh injury, especially if the leg was fatigued late in a game or cold if it occurred early.

Status
Not open for further replies.