2022/23 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should

Your opinion and that’s fair enough.

For me, absolutely no chance. Let’s face it, he’s a nobody outside the premier league due to the following:

- doesn’t have a single honour
- done nothing outstanding in domestic league or cup football
- doesn’t even have an single appearance in any sort of European football (Conference, Europa, Champions league)

No chance he get’s in top 15 when you factor in everything above.

He’s a very good keeper made to look better due to the sheer crap around him week in/out and the fact he plays for England. If that’s your argument so does Harry Fridge Maguire..is he in the Top. 15 CB in Europe?

You can say that about a list of keepers because the 15 won't be able to tick all those boxes.

Was Big Virrrrge the best CB in the world (as the media like to say) when he was at Celtic or Southampton? Or just when he went to the RS at nearly 30?

You should

Your opinion and that’s fair enough.

For me, absolutely no chance. Let’s face it, he’s a nobody outside the premier league due to the following:

- doesn’t have a single honour
- done nothing outstanding in domestic league or cup football
- doesn’t even have an single appearance in any sort of European football (Conference, Europa, Champions league)

No chance he get’s in top 15 when you factor in everything above.

He’s a very good keeper made to look better due to the sheer crap around him week in/out and the fact he plays for England. If that’s your argument so does Harry Fridge Maguire..is he in the Top. 15 CB in Europe?
Played in Europa for Everton under Koeman, badly but still.

Absolutly blows my mind people think we will go down if he leaves. Hes a bottom half to relegation level keeper at very best. He never makes a save he has no right to make, he wont come off his line for crosses and he cant kick. If we signed a mid level prem keeper we would immediatly gain 10 points a season.
So far this season hes already made glaring errors that cost us games (spurs/bournemouth) hes conceeded goals he should of saved (2 v United, leeds and Forest)
If anyone watches the replay of Wolves winner again hes on his knees on the floor before the player shoots, if hes stood up the ball hits him and we get a vital point.
Every save he makes wether it be right at him or he puts his hand out is now described as amazing because hes been that bad previous seasons he couldnt save anything.
It would be an actual blessing if we got money for him and could sign an average keeper and 2 or 3 good outfield players.

Don’t trust the club at all to spend whatever we’d get for Pickford. They’ll absolutely waste it on dross we’ll be stuck with for years. We’ll have also sold our only potentially valuable asset (nobody is buying DCL anymore). So no chance we should sell for me.

Absolutly blows my mind people think we will go down if he leaves. Hes a bottom half to relegation level keeper at very best. He never makes a save he has no right to make, he wont come off his line for crosses and he cant kick. If we signed a mid level prem keeper we would immediatly gain 10 points a season.
So far this season hes already made glaring errors that cost us games (spurs/bournemouth) hes conceeded goals he should of saved (2 v United, leeds and Forest)
If anyone watches the replay of Wolves winner again hes on his knees on the floor before the player shoots, if hes stood up the ball hits him and we get a vital point.
Every save he makes wether it be right at him or he puts his hand out is now described as amazing because hes been that bad previous seasons he couldnt save anything.
It would be an actual blessing if we got money for him and could sign an average keeper and 2 or 3 good outfield players.

I mean he made a save v Chelsea last season which was save of the season.

But I wouldn't be bothered if he went. He's either 10 or 3 and it's infuriating.

It was save of the season cos of how it happened and importance. It wasnt even his best save for us that game the one after what hit him in face was harder to save.

pickfords-e1507173502476.jpg

I mean this is utter nonsense.

You look at goalie stats and he’s generally top third in the league. Pretty consistently beyond the likes of DeGea and Kepa too.

so look, we know he’s not perfect, we know he throws in a clanger more than we’d like and we know he’s got the temperament of a toddler…

but have you seen the rest of the team mate? Have you seen the utter rubbish that runs out for us.
he’s now our best player…and by quite a way too.

And you think we can sell a goalie with 18 months left on his contract and get big money?
And you think we could get 2-3 good outfield players for that?

we’d probably get £25~30m for him, at those rates you’d get naff all to strengthen the team……

There's no way that this club will be able to identify and purchase a competent replacement in the space of one month, and Asmir the ironing board is not a suitable option.

But yet he’s comfortably England’s number one.

I might be old fashioned but I don’t want to be the Dortmund of the premier league, rolling over and giving our best players away to rival teams. Rather be a club that holds onto our best players.
No worries, Jimmy. We're more like the Hamburger SV of the Premier League with each passing season. We'll soon, like them, be in the second division.

Status
Not open for further replies.