2021/22 Jordan Pickford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only two candidates for player of the season, Pickford or Richarlison. Although Richarlison is my favourite player of our current squad, I think the fact that Jordan has been more or less available for selection for all games this season and that he has not had a bad game, I would go with Pickford for POTS.

Going forward, if Richarlison stays, he should be club captain next year, if he doesn't stay, then Pickford should be captain. Two players who give a monkeys about Everton.

In order of who kept us up it goes:

1. Fans
2. Frank. Without him 1 doesn’t happen
3. Pickford
4. Rich

He was our standout in the run in and without him effectively standing on his head over the past month, we’re probably still going down. I’ve been critical, but he’s done the business recently. Would sell for a crazy fee (50mil+) but otherwise has to stay.

Bit of a crap punch for their second goal but I’ll absolutely let him off after his performances in recent weeks.
That save he makes from Mateta in the second half has gone under the radar but it was brilliant.

Was at him but the power behind it could easily have got beyond another goalkeeper - especially a certain one who plays for Arsenal who does tend to let anything in that's hit right at him.

In order of who kept us up it goes
Iwobi
1. Fans
2. Frank. Without him 1 doesn’t happen
3. Pickford
4. Rich

He was our standout in the run in and without him effectively standing on his head over the past month, we’re probably still going down. I’ve been critical, but he’s done the business recently. Would sell for a crazy fee (50mil+) but otherwise has to stay.
You forgot something

That save he makes from Mateta in the second half has gone under the radar but it was brilliant.

Was at him but the power behind it could easily have got beyond another goalkeeper - especially a certain one who plays for Arsenal who does tend to let anything in that's hit right at him.
It's not. It might be a great shooting position but the shot is right at him. It's a ordinary save that every PL keeper should be making.

And I know everyone is going to get on me now but something like that being classed as "brilliant" and "world class" is just yet another example of the standard slipping. I'm guilty of it too.

It's not. It might be a great shooting position but the shot is right at him. It's a ordinary save that every PL keeper should be making.

And I know everyone is going to get on me now but something like that being classed as "brilliant" and "world class" is just yet another example of the standard slipping. I'm guilty of it too.
He's not world class, it was a very good save. And he has been brilliant recently.

He's a very good GK. Not the top level, never will be, but he's proved his quality time and time again.

We won't be selling him, because I can't see a team paying what we'd want for him - which doesn't make him bad, there just isn't a market for certain players. The one team in the Premier League that needs a GK and would spend such money, is the one team that Pickford would never play for and would never come in for him.

He's not world class, it was a very good save. And he has been brilliant recently.

He's a very good GK. Not the top level, never will be, but he's proved his quality time and time again.

We won't be selling him, because I can't see a team paying what we'd want for him - which doesn't make him bad, there just isn't a market for certain players. The one team in the Premier League that needs a GK and would spend such money, is the one team that Pickford would never play for and would never come in for him.
Basic save that would have been a shocking error if it went in.

Status
Not open for further replies.